NCL Transfers vs Shuttle Service vs Taxi

4cats1house

Posted on NCl Board, but it was suggested I post here also

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to find information on NCL Transfers from the pier to LAX.

Does anyone know the approx price per person? If you booked this, would you do it again?

We have used shuttle services to the pier before and that might be a possibility also.

Taxi's can be expensive so we are looking into different ideas.

Thanks for any help.

I am doing the same research also.

Firstly, for how many people?

Secondly, when is your flight?

Twice I have Transfer included but we ended up taking the 1 day Excursion to LA as our flights were late (6pm); we booked the excursion on board the 1st day.

(Both tours are ok if you have never been to LA; I find the Beachfront more interesting)

LA Overview - U$50; they will stop at Hollywood and Vine and some market;

LA Beachfront/Beverly Hills - $56; you get about 30 - 40 min to shop at Rodeo Dr.

Both take you and your luggage to the airport by 1:00 - 1:30pm.

NCL offer Transfer by Tour Bus and they leave at around 10am; and you have to be sure that your flight leaves after 2pm to use this. Cost is more expensive to book on board (Approx. U$30-35); Pre-book from Travel Agent is C$25 (we are from Vancouver)

I have looked into SuperShuttle (Blue 10 seater) and they are the cheapest but there is no guarantee that you will get to the airport on time before noon.

Red Shuttle - stay away as I have heard many horror stories from other travellers to try - from no show or missed flights.

Taxi is about $70 - 80

We are still deciding as our flight leaves at noon and will probably take the Airport Bus.

we always try to get a later flight out after 4pm so we can take one of the NCL tours in LA...we have had GOOD tours all but the last, didnt go where we were suppose to go and the tour guide was pretty awful, there were alot of unhappy people on the bus:(but we will still book a post cruise tour again.

Archived