clothing steamer allowed on RCI?

Hi. I know that irons are not permitted. I know that I can use wrinkle release products and use the dry cleaning services.

Are hand-held clothing steamers allowed on Royal Caribbean?

I don't want to end up in the naughty room. ;)

Thanks

Some have reported that they've been confiscated...others are able to bring them onboard, no problem....if it's in good condition and not a fire-hazard, you should be able to get it thru....I pack all of my "electrics" in a jumble...then, they really can't "see" what you have. I lock my suitcases, and have never been denied anything I bring on.

They used to disallow them, but have changed the rules. I have taken my very small steamer onboard the last 2 cruises and it was not confiscated. If I still took my larger, metal plate Rimowa steamer, I have no doubt they would take that from me. But my travel steamer is so small and all plastic, no metal except the heating element inside.

http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=Voltage+Valet+CS2+Travel+Clothes+Steamer&pf_id=PAOHADEINFHJLNCC&dept_id=3268

Note: I plug it in while unpacking, use it if anything needs it (rarely do I use it much), then it is unplugged and put away for the week.

RCI now sells a similar clothing steamer in their general store. I read about it here on CC and went into the store just to check it out...there it was!

They used to disallow them, but have changed the rules. I have taken my very small steamer onboard the last 2 cruises and it was not confiscated. If I still took my larger, metal plate Rimowa steamer, I have no doubt they would take that from me. But my travel steamer is so small and all plastic, no metal except the heating element inside.

http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=Voltage+Valet+CS2+Travel+Clothes+Steamer&pf_id=PAOHADEINFHJLNCC&dept_id=3268

Note: I plug it in while unpacking, use it if anything needs it (rarely do I use it much), then it is unplugged and put away for the week.

RCI now sells a similar clothing steamer in their general store. I read about it here on CC and went into the store just to check it out...there it was!

My understanding is that a steamer without the iron plate is just find.

Archived