Princess die-hards thinking of Norwegian Star

Sandy R

We're in our 60's and enjoy sailing on Princess but it's time to try another cruise line. We're going to do a Mexican cruise the end of April. Not much choice because several of the cruise lines won't be sailing the Mexican Riviera next year, so we're thinking of Norwegian Cruise Line. Since we're Elite on Princess, to duplicate much of the perks we get now, we'd be booking a Penthouse suite on the Norwegian Star... AE aft category. It's more money than a mini-suite on Princess so I'd really appreciate hearing about the AE suite, the ship, the food, the restaurants onboard and anything else you can tell me. Thanks for the help!

Well I have been on the Star twice and on Princess once. To me there really is no comparison. i was so impressed with Princess. The food in the mdr on the Star was just ok. The better food is in the Specialty restaurants. Make reservations. My suggestion is to just go and try it. That is what I am doing with all the major lines. Out of the four I have sailed with princess is at the top.

Hi past Princess cruisers. We are the same as you but only platinum cruisers. We have tried Princess and have had great sailings with them but we want a change and see and compare different ships, so we are booking on the Radiance of the Seas when she come "Down Under" next year. We intend to do the maiden voyage to New Zealand - looking forward to it.

I think you will be very impressed with the suite perks. You can dine in Cagney's Steak House for breakfast and lunch for free. You will also have a butler that will serve you any meal in your penthouse. (If you order from Speciality restaurants at dinner the surcharge will apply.) You will have priority embarkation and disbarking (sp) Look at the suite perks on NCL.com for a complete list.

Archived