Please help me find a spa in Belize

cjmbcruiser

My husband and I would like to get a massage in Belize. Can anyone suggest a spa to do this at? I'm looking in to Ocean Essence in Ambergris Caye but am not sure hwo I can get there from our port. Will a water taxi take us there? All I can find are taxis that go to Caye Caulker and San Pedro. I understand Ambergris Caye is on the island of San Pedro but not sure if it's close enough to walk.

I need help! Thanks!

My husband and I would like to get a massage in Belize. Can anyone suggest a spa to do this at? I'm looking in to Ocean Essence in Ambergris Caye but am not sure hwo I can get there from our port. Will a water taxi take us there? All I can find are taxis that go to Caye Caulker and San Pedro. I understand Ambergris Caye is on the island of San Pedro but not sure if it's close enough to walk.

I need help! Thanks!

San Pedro is on the caye(island) of Ambergris Caye. You cannot walk there from the tender pier in Belize City. You have to take a water taxi...

http://www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/ That pier you can walk to. The times here are Belize time and that may be different from your ship time, so keep that in mind. Your last ship tender usually leaves an hour prior to your scheduled departure time.

However, I do not believe you'll have enough time to really appreciate the spa offerings for the amount of $ you spend at the pier. It's about $30US ($60Bel) RT on the taxi and takes around an hour each way. And massages are $ 50US and up ($85Belizean +, I believe). Also you'll need to take a cab or catch a ride to the spa.

I beleive a couple of resort hotels just outside Belize City offer massage treatments for guests, but not sure which ones, costs, or how good they are or if their spas are open to day guests. Perhaps another forum website like trip advisor, could help with this.

Archived