Souvenir Menus

Quite a few years ago on our first Royal Caribbean cruise, we were able to purchase souvenir menus. These were mini-replicas of the entire weeks' menus (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and each had a different recipe on the back for a meal for that particular day. I believe they were $10 for the entire packet and made a nice souvenir for us. In fact, these mini-menus sealed our decision to go on our first cruise. Friends showed us theirs and, after my hubby saw the complete selection, he said "book this cruise" and he didn't have to ask me twice!

Don't you think it would be nice if all the cruise lines would offer these mini-menus for sale? How much could it possibly cost them to make? I'm sure people would purchase them. (We put little check marks next to the items we selected so we would remember what we ate when friends asked about the food on board.) I know that "some" menus are listed on line but it's not the same. Any comments?

Barbara

When I took my first cruise more than 30 years ago, the menus were really nice little works of art. Sitmar would give you the menus if you asked. Today they appear quite generic. People have made them available through web sites such as Cruise Critic for others to view. There might be a market for souvenir mini menus, but I doubt it. Now just watch how many prove me wrong by saying that they would buy them :)

On Solstice in February, our tablemates asked for copies of the menus and they were provided to them at no charge. I don't know if they will always do this; but if you want the menus, it doesn't hurt to ask. I don't recall if they asked the waiter or the maitre d, but I would think you might have better luck with the maitre d as the waiters are so very busy.

Doris

I told the Maitre 'd in Blu that I would be on a 14 day cruise in Aqua Class and would appreciate a copy of the complete 14 day menu. They provided them for me at no cost. Why not request a menu and ask special staff you meet to sign it? It's free and will bring back memories of the most important part of a cruise, the exceptional people you meet.

I'd buy that as a souvenir. I sure don't want more T-shirts, sweat shirts, tote bags etc etc.

But that's OK Orator, I'm not really proving you wrong, I buy ANYTHING. (See the word SUCKER tattooed on my forehead? "

Sucker?? Are we related?? I too buy everything (especially if it glitters and comes in 14 Kt.) Thanks!

Barbara :)

I told the Maitre 'd in Blu that I would be on a 14 day cruise in Aqua Class and would appreciate a copy of the complete 14 day menu. They provided them for me at no cost. Why not request a menu and ask special staff you meet to sign it? It's free and will bring back memories of the most important part of a cruise, the exceptional people you meet.

This might be a great idea unless the menus are the same size as the ones provided at dinner. The mini-menus I purchased in the past were approximately 4"x6" and fit nicely into a scrapbook. My luggage is heavy enough without making the airlines richer. :D But, this might be worth a try so I'll check into it when onboard. Thanks!

Barbara

This might be a great idea unless the menus are the same size as the ones provided at dinner. The mini-menus I purchased in the past were approximately 4"x6" and fit nicely into a scrapbook. My luggage is heavy enough without making the airlines richer. :D But, this might be worth a try so I'll check into it when onboard. Thanks!

Barbara

What they brought to the couple at our table was a set of the paper insert sheets they place in the menu boards each night. The one on the left is the same every night, so there will just be one paper menu for each night of your cruise in addition to the one which stays the same every night. You should be able to get that in your luggage easily! (I think):eek:

Happy cruising and good luck with your souvenir menus.

Doris

Archived