Cannes/St Paul de Vence on Sunday

sheffer

Does anyone know if the shops and restaurants are closed on Sunday on the Riveria and small villages. We would plan on a tour to Grasse and St. Paul de Vence if shops are opened. Thank you, Sandy

What time of the year are you talking about? More likely to have stuff open during the summer season but we french take our Sunday family time very seriously. stuff is more likely to be open in the morning and restaurants will be open for lunch service but I wouldn't hold your breath for the afternoon!

St Paul de Vence is the place to be on Sundays, since just about everything in the village (shops, cafes, restaurants, galleries) are open on Sunday. In fact, many French like to go to St Paul de Vence on Sundays (the best day for this village). As to Grasse, some of the touristy perfume places (and shops) are open on Sundays. When it comes to this region on Sundays we always recommend St Paul de Vence and Eze.

Hank

Vence is also an interesting town - a little bigger and more lively than St. Paul and with better restaurants. Tourettes sur Loup is less Disney-fied than St. Paul de Vence or Eze but I'm not sure how active it is on Sundays.

What time of the year are you talking about? More likely to have stuff open during the summer season but we french take our Sunday family time very seriously. stuff is more likely to be open in the morning and restaurants will be open for lunch service but I wouldn't hold your breath for the afternoon!

Catlar

We will be in the south of France on November 2. We were originally supposed to dock in Villefranche but our itinerary now shows Cannes or Monte Carlo. I have visited the area in the past and would prefer to see some of the small villages vs. Nice, Cannes and Monaco.

I have heard that Eze is shut down in the winter. Is this true? Others I am considering are Biot, Antibes, St Paul, Vence, Villefranche, Peillon and Menton. Which of these would you recommend for a November visit?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived