Carnival Magic Questions Only

Thanks for posting the deck plans. One thing I realized on the Dream is that I have been spoiled with a view of the ocean while dining. We were in the Crimson DR, so we couldn't look over the back of the ship and we weren't by a side window. I am really hoping to be in the aft dining room next May.

If it is like the Dream, there is an adult area (Serenity Area) that has hot tubs but not a pool.

I believe it will be the same. The serenity area will probably also be the same...filed with kids "running through" looking for Mommy and Daddy. The Spa area (the one you pay for) is also no kids. We bought into the spa ($249/week) and wouldn't buy in again (personally we didn't use it enough to justify the cost but if you use it, it is very nice) Many arguments up there by people in spa cabins who wanted the kids in the cabin to be able to go to the spa area too. They were firm on this rule and many people who thought they would use the spa for "family time" were disappointed and quite angry. So be forewarned in Spa cabins, there is no children allowed in the spa. No sure what age they would be allowed but if you book a spa cabin you might want to check. It was the only time we really saw Carnival enforce a "no kids rule"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Doug--do you know the dates that John will be on the Magic? I know he is the CD while it is in Europe and he will bring it back to Galveston, but will he stay on after it is in Galveston?

According to Heald's blog, today he will be posting some information as to new things that will be included on the Magic. Out of the 9-day itinerary, there is only one sea day. I just hope on that one sea day, I can get on an eliptical in the gym, get a chair somewhere near a pool, and relax. Other than that, I am happy we have anytime dining and the rest should be easy.

According to Heald's blog, today he will be posting some information as to new things that will be included on the Magic. Out of the 9-day itinerary, there is only one sea day. I just hope on that one sea day, I can get on an eliptical in the gym, get a chair somewhere near a pool, and relax. Other than that, I am happy we have anytime dining and the rest should be easy.

I am assuming the Magic will be like the Dream and the Splendor. When they built the Spa cabins and the pay into spa, they sacrificed the space for the gym. I was so surprised when I went to the gym on the Dream and it was a quarter of the size of the previous ships we were on without Spa cabins. On our cruise there were luckily not many real "gym people" working out so the wait for a machines was minimal unless you went up at 6 am when it opened. Many treadmills were shut down because they don't open until after 8 am due to complaints from the people in the cabins below that the 6am noise from the treadmills so early was not good. We did most of our early morning walking on the outdoor track because the the unavailility of the gym equipment. If your sea day is in the middle of the cruise you should be fine. We always find that people crowd into the gym the first day with good intentions and it predictability thins in number as the week goes by. If you don't mind varying your routine, evenings are pretty quiet in the gym and you can work out undisturbed.

I like hitting the elipticals in the morning. The cruise lines should do something about placing gyms so that they can open at 6 am. But the one good thing about anytime dining is that we can get dinner after the gym and I'm happy to work out when early traditional diners are lining up. The Magic has more cabins on the Spa deck than the Dream has. We'll find out some other differences this week. Ships can live totally different on a Med cruisr than on a Caribbean cruise. The difference is amazing.

• 1 month later...

We are booking her for Spring Break March 2012! But, we are staying at the Tremont Hotel Nov 12, 2011, get up early and walk to the docks and watch the Magic pull into Galveston for the first time!!! Yes we live near Galveston so it is easy. Cant wait!! :D

• 3 months later...
Any news on Sea Trials yet? We are getting anxious as we are booked on the inaugural May 1 sailing. I know "no news is good news" but there has not been much new information for a while.....

from John Healds FB: John Heald: Sea trials for your Carnival Magic start on March 6th.