Balcony Room with Crib

Twelvevman

I will be on the 12/4/10 sailing with my 1 year old baby. Has anyone been on the ship with a baby yet and have pictures of the cribs and where they will fit in the room? :confused:

TIA

Jeff

The following was posted by "Bertmuppet".

Bumped to inside from a family cabin"

Just got a phone call from my travel agent saying they can't accommodate a cot for my 1 year old in the family balcony we are due in tomorrow for the TA, sleeping in the bed with mum is out for safety reasons apparently.

Although they will recompense us for the inconvenience, it seems a bit strange that they can manage to fit it in an inside.:mad:

If thats they way it is we will still have a great time, I just hope that is the genuine reason, and not that it's because someone higher up has been bumped down to a family.

Anyway just posting in case anyone booking in similar circumstances in future might need clarification from NCL as to whether family balconies can accommodate infants:confused:

Jeff, I don't know if this will help you or just leave you with more questions. Good Luck.:)

I spoke to NCL directly yesterday and they confirmed that the Cribs and pack and plays they have will not fit in a balcony cabin. They are working with a new vendor to design a crib that will fit in the new rooms. THe expect to have an update within a month or so.

I spoke to NCL directly yesterday and they confirmed that the Cribs and pack and plays they have will not fit in a balcony cabin. They are working with a new vendor to design a crib that will fit in the new rooms. THe expect to have an update within a month or so.

Did they say if it will fit in the deluxe balcony?

Yeah I was told this was a silly question on the "were on epic, what do you want to know?" forum. I thought that a crib couldn't fit, it just doesn't look like it. our 2 year old I guess needs to start sleeping in a normal bed, so we can make do. I have an idea for NCL. So if NCL is listening Catch this:

Okay so on the sofa if they had a wrap around fence like border made sort of like this

http://www.babyage.com/products/br48-20-01_dex_products_dex_products_48_inches_safe_sleeper_bed_rail.htm?cp=nt13177&utm_source=nt&utm_medium=Default&utm_campaign=13177

they could accomodate small children and not have to spend a bunch of money on new pack and plays.

I only suggest this because if you look at the sofa it looks like a crib mattress. Looks firm. they can even have crib sheets made for it. Just a suggestion.

And NCL if this helps you can send me an OBC for my creative Idea!

Yeah I was told this was a silly question on the "were on epic, what do you want to know?" forum. I thought that a crib couldn't fit, it just doesn't look like it. our 2 year old I guess needs to start sleeping in a normal bed, so we can make do. I have an idea for NCL. So if NCL is listening Catch this:

Okay so on the sofa if they had a wrap around fence like border made sort of like this

http://www.babyage.com/products/br48-20-01_dex_products_dex_products_48_inches_safe_sleeper_bed_rail.htm?cp=nt13177&utm_source=nt&utm_medium=Default&utm_campaign=13177

they could accomodate small children and not have to spend a bunch of money on new pack and plays.

I only suggest this because if you look at the sofa it looks like a crib mattress. Looks firm. they can even have crib sheets made for it. Just a suggestion.

And NCL if this helps you can send me an OBC for my creative Idea!

I was just going to suggest this, but maybe with a 1 year it maybe difficult to contain them on the bed. They may keep trying to get out of bed. We used this type of set up when my son was young, but he was out of the crib/play yard.

I was just going to suggest this, but maybe with a 1 year it maybe difficult to contain them on the bed. They may keep trying to get out of bed. We used this type of set up when my son was young, but he was out of the crib/play yard.

Well If they had one that wrapped around the foot and head of the bed, it could make a safe place for baby to sleep. Unless you were just planning on leaving your kid in the room and then heading out! ;) j/k the only reason I see to have a crib or pack n play in the room is for sleeping and a safety railing around the sides of the couch would keep a baby safe while he/she slept at night. Does this make sense?

Archived