I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

More and more nice stuff appearing here! Very inspiring!

I was actually able to get the cameras out this weekend and take a couple of shots. I hate it when I'm too busy to shoot!

Prismatic Pews:

p537951774-3.jpg

Our granddaughters costumed as a bride and a princess:

p743041520-4.jpg

p998078698-4.jpg

p605459846-4.jpg

Happy shooting, folks!

Dave

Hi Dave. Has anyone thanked you lately for starting this thread? THANK YOU DAVE.:) I sure think more about taking my camera with us whenever we venture out. My husband is using his Canon Power Shot more too although he hasn't posted any of his pictures on this thread. :)

BTW....Beautiful little girls. Great costumes! Loved Prismatic Pews!

Edited by JWJs

Hi Dave. Has anyone thanked you lately for starting this thread? THANK YOU DAVE.:) I sure think more about taking my camera with us whenever we venture out. My husband is using his Canon Power Shot more too although he hasn't posted any of his pictures on this thread. :)

BTW....Beautiful little girls. Great costumes! Loved Prismatic Pews!

Thanks for the thanks! I'm just tickled by the number of folks who have reacted to this thread by getting out there and enjoying their cameras and even more so by the ones that say they've started carrying a camera all of the time.

Keep it up!

Dave

I had a quiet stroll along the beach in my home town of Clacton, Essex, a few days ago, whilst my wife was in town getting her hair done. Took this with my little Panasonic TZ5 point & shoot camera.

5136892011_4d89c34e8b_b.jpg

Nice photo! Many years ago, I had 7 happy childhood years in Clacton.

Are those windmills in the distance the ones near Harwich?

The wind farm is off the coast of Clacton and Holland on sea, but can also be seen from Harwich. There are 48 of them.

Thanks. I went back to Clacton about 10 years ago and the wind farm wasn't there then. I did see the windmills as we sailed out of Harwich last July.

I was on my way to work this morning and stopped to take some photos of the gorgeous Fall colors.

1085909293_qFf8F-M.jpg

Really nice.

Just wondering, I have seen similar reflections off the water, and the reflections were in focus.

Have you considered or tried moving the F/stop us and getting bigger depth of field?

Gonna try it both ways when I can get something like that to shoot.

Really nice.

Just wondering, I have seen similar reflections off the water, and the reflections were in focus.

Have you considered or tried moving the F/stop us and getting bigger depth of field?

Excellent idea!

Some random scenes from my 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise on Emerald Princess Oct 29-Nov 8:

Lone cypress tree on an empty stretch of beach on Princess Cay:

original.jpg

Our boat, seen from a lovely shade tree behind the reef along the shore:

original.jpg

Ramparts of Fort George, above St. Georges, Grenada:

original.jpg

Lovely sunset skies, as reflected in the side of our ship at sea heading west towards Bonaire:

original.jpg

Idyllic scene from Oranjestad, Aruba - sailboat, island, bird, sunset, ocean:

original.jpg

Really nice.

Depth of field is not an issue. The reflected image is the same distance away from the camera as the subject (plus a minimal amount added by the angle of reflection). The blurring is an effect of water motion and not a focus issue. If the water is perfectly still, you will have sharp reflections. If there is any rippling at all, the reflected image will be distorted and appear blurred.

Dave

Edited by pierces

• 2 weeks later...