I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Went to a local RenFair this past weekend. Here are just a few shots. Wish I'd been able to get closer to the fire dancer or whatever you'd call her ...

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5786.jpg

My nephew doing I don't even remember what during the jousting. Throwing grass, maybe? His look makes me laugh ...

IMG_5802.jpg

What beautiful photos. We will be visiting Mt Rainier around September 24th, will we still see woldflowers? So excited to visit your area, what a beautiful part our of great country!

We hope you enjoy your visit. this photo was taken today at Sunrise!

2221248270027599206S600x600Q85.jpg

Is that houseboat open as a restaurant or tourist site, or is that someone's actual house and those folks are having dinner outside?

I haven't shared my wildlife photos in here in a while - I know there aren't too many wildlife/birder photogs around here, but thought I'd still share some recent shots out in the Florida wetlands, just to update how the wild life is living lately:

Black crowned night heron, juvenile or female:

original.jpg

Double crested cormorant closeup portrait:

original.jpg

Basilisk "Jesus Christ" lizard:

original.jpg

A chorus line of white ibises on the handrail:

original.jpg

A raccoon, peeking through the undergrowth and thinking he's hidden from my lens:

original.jpg

BTW - so noone thinks I was being sacreligious, the basilisk lizard's official nickname is 'Jesus Christ' lizard, and commonly known as that - it is a central & south American lizard which is an invasive species in Florida but becoming quite common, and they are known for their unique ability to stand up on their hind feet and 'walk' on water - run, actually - it's quite a sight to see.

--

Justin

galleries: http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Is that houseboat open as a restaurant or tourist site, or is that someone's actual house and those folks are having dinner outside?

--

Justin

galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

It is still a private residence that changed hands in 2008.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Sleepless-in-Seattle-houseboat-for-sale-Tom-1271650.php

The current owners offered dinner for 8 catered by a top resturant at a charity auction. We were lucky to be part of dinner group as guests of the winning bidder!