I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Now, you are the one who said that the shot was straight out of the camera - so no post-processing. Right? :)

Right, no post processing. Just converting the RAW file to a jpeg so it could be put on my photo hosting site, but the image posted here is exactly what I saw when I threw my card into my card reader. I guess I could have used another term but I was just trying to let you know it was not HDR as you thought it might have been.

I rarely just aim the camera without thought going into the composition, aperture/shutter speed , type of metering , and ISO at a minimum.

Edited by mnbruce

Right, no post processing. Just converting the RAW file to a jpeg so it could be put on my photo hosting site, but the image posted here is exactly what I saw when I threw my card into my card reader. I guess I could have used another term but I was just trying to let you know it was not HDR as you thought it might have been.

I rarely just aim the camera without thought going into the composition, aperture/shutter speed , type of metering , and ISO at a minimum.

Seldom do you have a lighting situation like the one that you had for the sunset photo that you displayed earlier though. It was really striking. Often it takes HDR to achieve the same effect that you got right out of the camera.

My DH shoots in RAW and loves the flexibility that it gives him in post-processing.

BTW, I always enjoying viewing your photos.

The Washington DC area has had a lot or rain (and other stuff ;) ) the fall so the autumn colors have been pretty dull. I used some HRD toning for some shots and concentrated on individual leaves for others.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Larry

Looking over the back fence early on a very wet Sunday morning

PICT0002.JPG

Shot from inside - huddling in the pouring rain

PICT0009.JPG

How cute. Looking forward to coming your way in Feb so we can see some of those guys. What are the blue things in the field behind them? I'm guessing some kind of protection for plants just emerging?

How cute. Looking forward to coming your way in Feb so we can see some of those guys. What are the blue things in the field behind them? I'm guessing some kind of protection for plants just emerging?

The blue things (green actually) are indeed to protect newly planted native plants that are meant to (somehow and eventually) replace this. The developers cleared the whole parcel of land, instead of preserving some of the existing grown vegetation, as they were supposed to (it was heart-wrenching to watch as these trees came down).

PICT0009.JPG

Now that's something you don't see in backyards in the US. :rolleyes:

And we don't get the pretty fall colours of the trees - they stay as green as in the above shot all year round.

More fall photos ... From yesterday in Ohiopyle PA State Park

Happened to catch some kyakers (sp?) and a rafter going down the rapids, as well as a couple of crazy kids riding the natural water slides. I couldn't imagine how cold it was. That water's cold even on the hottest days!

On to Ohiopyle ...

IMG_8949.jpg

IMG_8965.jpg

IMG_9030.jpg

IMG_9059.jpg

Natural water slides ...

IMG_9091.jpg

Baughman's Rock Overlook ...

IMG_9097.jpg

Went to our Amigo Airsho yesterday - perfect weather. Although I had forgotten how much walking there was to see all the static displays. :(

Got some pretty good shots - especially since this the first time I've used my new camera for fast action shots.

A-10 pre-flight check - I never realized just how big those engines are.

DSC01847.jpg

A-10 demo

DSC02095.jpg

Army Golden Knights - flag jump

DSC01873.jpg

Matt Chapman (yellow) and Rob Holland (black)

DSC01945.jpg

Blue Angel - didn't get many good shots of them (can I blame it on the new camera).

DSC02242.jpg

Went to our Amigo Airsho yesterday - perfect weather. Although I had forgotten how much walking there was to see all the static displays. :(

Got some pretty good shots - especially since this the first time I've used my new camera for fast action shots.

Great shots!

I haven't been here in a while and missed all of the fabulous shots!

Especially loving all the fall photos. Our foliage in the city wasn't very pretty this year. Still rather green and dull.

308619_2289590913780_1069193100_32611557_1448865189_n.jpg

This was taken on a friend's road to his house in the country.

I haven't been here in a while and missed all of the fabulous shots!

Especially loving all the fall photos. Our foliage in the city wasn't very pretty this year. Still rather green and dull.

308619_2289590913780_1069193100_32611557_1448865189_n.jpg

This was taken on a friend's road to his house in the country.

Makes me want to go for a walk along that road. I love the smell of the leaves in the fall. DH and I grew up in Michigan and the fall foliage is one of the things I miss. The leaves here in El Paso just turn brown and fall off - it doesn't get cold enough early enough to do much.

Today as a beautiful fall day in Tidewater Virginia and we had a chance to go to Ft. Monroe to take a series of pictures. My DH retired from there 10 years ago and the Fort closed in September. We wanted to take pictures of the beautiful buildings and scenery there before it is damaged or destroyed. Here are a few pictures from today:

IMG_7728_edited-1.jpg

The bandstand with the commang general's house in the background:

IMG_7630_edited-1.jpg

A view of the moat:

IMG_7672_edited-1.jpg

Old Point Comfort Light:

IMG_7715_edited-1.jpg

The parade ground inside the fort:

monroepano-1.jpg

Judy,those are very nice photos!

Debathome, I agree that your photo makes me want to walk that road.

All kinds of great photos lately! Fall colors, Down Under, upside down airplanes, kayaks, flowers and Elk. Great variety of photos.