I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

We just returned from North Carolina and brought a bushel of South Carolina peaches home with us. After sharing some with friends and making a peach cobbler, I spent much of today preparing the rest for the freezer so that we can enjoy them next winter. Yum!

IMG_8886.JPG

Beautiful daylilies, dileep. The interstate highways in North Carolina have huge beds of them in the median and at the interchanges. They were at theie peak last week.

These were in our front yard! The huge beds in the median must be quite a sight. We have California poppies in some medians!

These were in our front yard! The huge beds in the median must be quite a sight. We have California poppies in some medians!

A few years ago NC had poppies in all different colors in the medians and interchanges. It was beautiful!

We were in Bloomfield Hills for Father's Day and drove around the Cranbrook campus. Some very fancy homes in that town!

Yes, it is very nice in there. Myself and a couple other photographers did a walking tour of part of the campus. It's absolutely beautiful in there.

We took two of our grandchildren to Global Wildlife Center yesterday. You ride in a covered wagon pulled by a tractor and the animals come up to you to feed them.

DSC_0001.jpg

A baby giraffe was born just a week ago and the mama giraffe came up to make sure her baby was OK. If you look just in front of the fallen tree you will see the baby sitting down. They have private tours also and this is a private tour that was able to get a lot closer to the baby than we could in the wagon. But the mom was definitely making sure they didn't bother the baby!

DSC_0053.jpg

Mama and baby

DSC_0056.jpg

Feeding the zebras

DSC_0092.jpg

As I posted in the thread specifically about this lens, I took my new Nikon 18-300mm lens to the zoo this weekend to try it out (on my D7000). I really enjoyed the additional reach (over my 18-200), and also having more to work with in cropping.... (Who needs to go to Africa? :))

Tiger_01.jpg

Thought I would share a few of the photos I took there. (sorry to disappoint, not of the typical sights).

539970_3509965542383_1725032262_n.jpg

Love the laundry shot. A pro photographer friend of mine took a whole series of Italian laundry shots when he was on a trip.

KandC, I can see how it would make a wonderful coffee table book. There were plenty of fresh linens hanging about. :p

The photo of the kids feeding the zebra is precious. :)

These weren't taken today but on the weekend while I was at the Quebec music festival.

ry%3D400

The only fortified walled city in all of North America.

The Chateu Frontenac by night.

ry%3D400

and by day....

ry%3D400