I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

This little guy came down and took bread from my hand while we were at the zoo in Sydney, AU. Does anyone know what it is? Boeckli? I got a bird book but couldn't find him.

DSC02506.jpg

And while I'm at it saw this little critter at an animal park in Adelaide - not in an exhibit, just running around on the ground.

DSC02726.jpg

This little guy came down and took bread from my hand while we were at the zoo in Sydney, AU. Does anyone know what it is? Boeckli? I got a bird book but couldn't find him.

DSC02506.jpg

And while I'm at it saw this little critter at an animal park in Adelaide - not in an exhibit, just running around on the ground.

DSC02726.jpg

Have found the bird - actually had seen one just a few days before you posted this :).

It's a "Noisy Miner" (see http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/species/Manorina-melanocephala)

No idea though who your furry friend is :(

My cat Mickey, loving the spotlight (actually standing on my billiard table looking up at the light):

original.jpg

And lying in the dark under the table, when I crawled coverty on the floor from another room at ground level to see if I could surprise her...of course, she was already staring at me as I eased quietly around the corner (to a human, I was quiet...to a cat, I probably sounded as subtle as a marching band). ISO6400 and a 1/15 shutter at F3.5, so you know there wasn't much light (that, and the huge pupils!):

original.jpg

Enterprise.jpg

This is such a beautiful bird. I csn't wait to see the Discovery in her spot. I watched the Enterprise fly to NY (sadly on my computer screen) and give a great show and fly by.

Here"s a few from the Discovery Flight last week, between the direct sun and the clouds, I had a hard time getting a decent:

Discoverycropside168.jpg

Discoverycropped170.jpg

This is such a beautiful bird. I csn't wait to see the Discovery in her spot. I watched the Enterprise fly to NY (sadly on my computer screen) and give a great show and fly by.

Here"s a few from the Discovery Flight last week, between the direct sun and the clouds, I had a hard time getting a decent:

Discoverycropside168.jpg

Discoverycropped170.jpg

Great shots!

Thanks for the compliments, I love all the other shots posted here as well. I always look forward to seeing the new pictures that everyone posts.

I had just gotten back from a cruise and was off work for two weeks when they announced the shuttle would be flying over the DC area. I figured my work would be none to happy if I took yet another day off, but the temptation was too great.

These shots were taken on the roof of a building at Goddard Space Flight Center where my husband and daughter both work and I used to work many years ago. The did a direct fly over and to see it fly right over my head was very exciting.

I have a special love for the space program. I hope we get a replacement vehicle built soon. It is so sad to have given up our manned space flight program.

Very cool shot of Mt Ranier, Dileep!

Boeckli- and I love the pics from Australia, too. It's always nice to see cool plants and animals from other parts of the world.

Susan

Boeckli- and I love the pics from Australia, too. It's always nice to see cool plants and animals from other parts of the world.

Susan

Thanks, Susan.

Hopefully I will have a little more time soon to take and post some more :)

Well camouflaged ...

DSC05379.JPG

This (unknown) flower head sits atop a stem several meters high

DSC05391.JPG