West PA/Pittsburgh cruisers?

kbatschke

Hello all -

I'm between downtown PIT and the airport.

I've been looking into cruises departing Baltimore, NYC, or Philadelphia in order to drive to the port instead of fly - not finding what I want, when I want, at the price I want to pay.

So far we've done 5 Princess cruises and while I'm a big Princess fan, I'd be happy to try something new.

Port Canaveral is 15 hours from Pittsburgh, eh? You don't drive I 95, do you? Everytime we drive to FL by way of the West Virginia mountains we get stuck in the snow.

Nice to meet you all -

We are looking at the 9/24 glory. My wife and I are doing the Glory 4/16 Eastern itinerary for our 25th anniversary, so we'll have lots to talk about after that.

Plan to take our 18 yr old son and Mother in Law in September.

Karl

We don't hit 95 until pretty far south. For us, taking 79 to 77 to 26 to 95 works great. We hit Jacksonville in 13 hours. Plan to leave about 6:00 am, get into the hotel about 9:00 pm. Long day, yes, but plane fare is over $300 per person, and still takes a full day. I'm not worried about WV snow 4/15. Sure, it can happen, but not likely.

Wish Carnival had a northern port besides NYC. Can't stand the idea of Port of NYC. Still, NYC is a 6 hour drive. Baltimore would be great.

Karl

Hi,

Butler, PA isn't that large we may know your brother and family. Our two sons are at Grove City College (senior and a freshmen) we probably should not have scheduled our annual winter cruise this year, but just couldn't force ourselves to give up our cruise just to pay more college tuition!! We will be on the Miracle this Sunday

LACEYJANE!!!!!: I lost your email.. we need to meet up on the Miracle..i'm in 7260 (i think)....

Can a former Pittsburgher (Ben Avon) and Zelienople gal join in? I'm moving back to Zelienople in about 8 years (yes, crazy as it may seem to you guys, back north, cannot do these southern summers:( ) and miss, miss PA!

Sweetjem have you ever taken any of the cruises out of Newport News???

IF so which one and how was it???

Trying to decide if we want to go to Disney next year or take a cruise. My DW wants Disney but I would rather a cruise... So we may try and combine both of them...

Host Caroline....I have a daughter (freshman) at Slippery Rock. Your son & her are practically neighbors.

Karl...Would be great if you were going on the Glory 9/24. There is already 2 other couples (that we have met on previous cruises) going along. It should be fun!

New Castle here just checking in. We'll be on the Miracle in June.

We have just returned from Florida where we spent the past 5 wks. For those of you who drive to FL and specifically JAX and Canaveral....look on your map and look at Rt 321 south of Columbia. We skipped the I-26 part and took 321 - 119 and probably saved about an hour! It is a two lane road, but not busy and runs directly south.

Raymok yes our very first was out of Newport News it was great it was Carnival we have done nothing but Carnival we like to party so we have stuck with the larger ships in Carnival the port is not longer there they have built one in Norfolk I have some friends that sailed out of there on the 2 day to nowhere and they said it was a not good so I really don't know what to tell you .

I can tell ou if you like to gambel i heard they do not have that on disney If i can help you anymore let me know also wnated to ask you if you know the Morgarts from the high school.

Greetings, all (I guess that's not "Pittsburgh" talk, now is it?)

I am originally from Pittsburgh - Oakmont, to be exact - and my parents still live there. We took them on their first cruise on the Celebration last month and they liked it so much that they're going with us on the Valor at the end of May this year. They've been staying with us since January 10th and will go back to Pittsburgh in about 2 weeks. Too bad none of you are on that sailing. Enjoy!

Hey there! I'm in Kittanning, originally from Homer City, so am very familiar with Butler and Johnstown!

We're leaving on the Sensation on 4/14........also very glad to be getting out of PA! I wish it was sooner, although we do leave in just 6 days for Vegas for a week! I hate winter!! Would love to move to NC, but not enough cash to do it.

Archived