What type of blow up pool should I get?

bananasforcruises

I am cruising on the NCL Jewel next month and we will have a 10-month old with us. It will be 2 adults and 2 kids. The other kid is 10-years old. The 10-month old likes being in water. He really enjoys taking a bath so I want to bring a blow up pool with us.

What type of blow up pool do most people bring with them on a cruise? Should I get a small round one or do most people buy a blow up tub and use that? I want to put it on the balcony. We will be in a mini-suite and I think the balcony is supposed to be a little bigger. Do most people fill it up and empty it everyday or do you leave the water in for a couple of days as long as the baby doesn't urinate in it?

He's 10 months old and we have a small blow up tub that we give him a bath in, but he doesn't have that much room.

Any suggestions will help. Can you also tell me where you purchased it. Thank you.

You don't need anything huge....and it will need to be easy to empty....a large blow up pool on the balcony...how will you empty it? You can't dump it over the side, and won't be able to carry it thru the room to get to the bathroom.....

Those pools are best used on the pool deck, where there are floor drains....and it will need to be small enough to fit in the shower for bathing. A 10 mo. old doesn't need more than "splashing" space!

We are using the duck for the shower since its more narrow and fits in ..and then taking a little larger round one to use on the balcony and then by the pool. It doesnt take much water to satisfy our baby, and would be very easy to empty, even if it means taking some out the same way we put it in, with the bucket. We bought the duck at Target and then the small blow up round(about $6) at Walmart. The round one is maybe 28-30 inch round with about 3 rings of color around it.

We have this one

http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Kirby-Inflatable-Tub/dp/B001MTELJY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1277603510&sr=8-3-spell

It fits in the shower on RCCL (as well as the balcony and the pool deck) You dont have to purchase this specific one, just note the dimensions and look for something similar.

Be prepared to recruit blowers :) It takes a lot of ling power to get one of these filled. For that same reason you are going to want to leave it inflated. You can probably store it under your bed.

It sounds like a lot of work but you will love it!

Archived