Activities for a cruise with 18 Sea Days?

Rivercity

We are considering a Princess cruise that has 18 sea days, 4-4-2 & 8. Wondering if the activities increase enough to hold our interest? Or is it the same ol same ol, Bingo, Art, stuff your bathing suit with fruit ect. Any input would be appreciated.

No, the activities will be different on the longer cruises. Yes, they will have the usual stuff, but there will be other things to. Our last cruise was 31 days. There was a bridge (cards) director and a game all sea days. We had John Maxtone-Graham lecturing on the history of cruising and later on the house of windsor. We had a port lecturer who talked about the ports and did not give directions to the diamonds international. They had a get together for everyone who had visited at least 100 countries. There was a white elephant sale.

I have only done a 14 day on HAL but there was a lot of things that are different than the regular 7 day cruises we have been on. They had a movie theater with afternoon and evening showings. Culinary arts demos, games and cards in the afternoon. I also found that people were very friendly and spent lots of time chatting with people out on deck--lots more relaxed than my previous cruise experiences. Enjoyed it so much I booked HAL for next month to go to Alaska:). And just for reference I am mid-forties and found HAL to be a great fit for my interests;)

Unless you have a dud for a CD, you will find a variety of sea-day activities on a Princess ship. In fact, when one port had to be cancelled due to high waves on our last cruise, a revised Patters with several activities was distributed to all the cabins within an hour. Had a fun day doing a trivia marathon with several new friends (with a stop for afternoon tea).

Archived