2011/12 UK Brochure : Flights Included?

Palmeat

Couple of weeks ago we booked a 21 night grand voyage Indian Ocean Exploration on Legend on 14 February 2012. When reviewing the brochure which has just arrived (UK edition - elsewhere may be different) there is constant reference to Fly Cruise and flights being inclusive. On page 104 headed "The remarkable value of Seabourn" the headline shouts "For discerning travellers, a cruise with Seabourn is exceptional value.....nearly everything is included, from economy class international flights from/and to London to.....". Further down the page under Cruise Fares it clearly states "Fares include international economy class flights....".

So, unambiguous. My expectation with current and previous bookings is flights were not included so this was welcome and positive news.

I phoned Seabourn sales in Southampton to get confirmation and it quickly became clear the operator hadn't seen the brochure and I was effectively fobbed off with the line that flights are only included on special offers.

Asked my agent to make enquiries - his version from Seabourn was that inclusive flights doesn't apply to grand voyages (but no mention of this in the brochure and on the grand voyages pages it makes reference to Early Booking Fly Cruise Fares).

I've sent an e-mail to Seabourn (in hope rather than expectation) seeking clarification. Will let you know their response.

Sorry to have written at length, but if I'm wrong then the brochure is at best misleading. Anyone else seeing the same issue?

Peter

Archived