Buenos Aires Arrival Day

sirtom

We are on the Infinity departing Buenos Aires on Feb. 13, 2005. The ships leaves at 11PM, however we are arriving at the ship around noon. Does anyone know if there are tours or shuttles that leave from the pier. We are looking to do a quick tour of Buenos Aires. Does anyone have any ideas on what to see or where to go if we decided to take a taxi from the ship? Do taxis accept US dollars?

I was in BA last month and rented a taxi for a 2 hour tour at the airport. The deal was to take us from the big airport where we arrived (EZE), give us a two hour tour of the city and drop us at the local airport, which is on the banks of the river in the city (the local airport's code is AEP.) Total cost was about $25 US. The argentines will accept US dollars for the most part. I paid with US money but not to the cabbie but to his agent at the airport. There were probably 4 of these taxi stands there. One caveat, if your spanish is poor you need to insist on a driver who can speak english. My son and myself are familiar enough with the language where we could understand our driver but he spoke very little english. We saw many of the highlights of the city this way but more time would give you more things to see. I had been in BA a couple of years earlier so I found the tour redundant but my son got a good taste of the city.

Have a great trip!

Labe

Just one thing to be aware of,your luggage.If you do as the last person said ,its a good recommendation.But be careful not to leave your luggae unattended in the car if you go for lunch.Just a heads up.

Archived