Accurate list of non-alcoholic drinks available on Equinox?

jg51

Hello, fellow cruisers!

Not long ago, a CruiseCritic member ("ottawapuppy"/Mike), who had cruised on the Solstice in 2010, did all of us huge favor by providing a link to a site where he has 37 pages full of photos of Solstice bar menus:

==> http://schplinky.smugmug.com/Solstice-2010/Bar-Menus/12454637_Aaaum#891894624_SCNbe

It took a while, but I manually copied (into a MS Word document) almost all of the non-alcoholic beverages (other than coffee/tea) listed as available at various bars aboard the Solstice. [The list is at the bottom of this message.]

I hope to be aboard -- not the Solstice, but the Equinox -- later this year. The purpose of this thread of mine, therefore, is to ask those of you who have sailed aboard the Equinox to let me know if all the Solstice-menu non-alcoholic beverages are also available on the Equinox.

Before I get to the main list, I want to isolate a small group and ask a couple of questions about it. I'm referring to the "premium" juices. According to the X site, the following are available:

Pineapple, Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, and Cranberry. According to CC contributors, these are available at the buffet restaurant, the MDR, the Pool Bar, and the AquaSpa Cafe -- and they all cost $2.50. My questions are these:

(1) Is only the orange juice fresh-squeezed, with the others being bottled?

(2) Are there any other fresh-squeezed or bottled fruit juices available, besides the six listed above?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies to the questions, above and below! Please add any other comments that you'd like to make! [Today, I hope to start several separate threads -- similar to this one, but for other categories of beverages -- instead of lumping everything into one thread. I think that lumping together everything would be overwhelming, and few people would want to look at it. Please help me on the other threads too, if you can!]

Here now is the main list of non-alcoholic beverages (other than coffee/tee). Are all of these available on the Equinox? (By the way, the numbers after the items' names are the prices.)

San Pellegrino Premium Water 2.5

Evian Premium Water 2.5

Perrier Premium Water 2.5

Evian/San Pellegrino (large) 4.0

O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic Beer 5.0

Buckler Non-Alcoholic Beer 6.0

Red Bull Energy Drink 5.0

Red Bull Light Energy Drink 5.0

Coca Cola 2.0

Coke Zero 2.0

Diet Coke 2.0

Fanta Orange 2.0

Sprite 2.0

Diet Sprite 2.0

Barq's Root Beer 2.0

__ [Next 1 at least at Oceanview:]

Jungle Man 7.5

__ [Next 2 at least at Pool Bar & Lawn Club:]

Metromint Chocolate Water 3.5

Metromint Spearmint Water 3.5

__ [Next 3 at least at Oceanview & Pool Bars:]

Glaceau Vitaminwaters:

Power-C (Dragonfruit) 3.5

Energy (Tropical Citrus) 3.5

Revive (Fruit Punch) 3.5

__ [Next 3 at least at Passport Bar:]

Winter Solstice 4.0

Rainbow Punch 4.0

Raspberry Lemonade 4.0

__ [Next 4 at least at Pool Bar & Lawn Club:]

Hint Strawberry Water 3.5

Hint Tropical Punch Water 3.5

Hint Mango Water 3.5

Hint Watermelon Water 3.5

I forgot to ask one other question that had been on my mind ...

Is it possible to obtain any soft drinks besides the seven Coke products listed at the X site (Coca Cola, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barq's Root Beer)?

Thanks!

Please permit me to try that one last time, because surely someone must know the answer ...

[On the Equinox,] Is it possible to obtain any soft drinks besides the seven Coke products listed at the X site (Coca Cola, Coke Zero, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barq's Root Beer)?

Thanks!

If you have other favorites, you can bring them on the ship. Many cruisers stop for and carry on cases of pepsi pruducts. There is also free lemonade and punch available 24/7 in the buffet area.

Thanks so much, "eandj" and "montgomeryfamily"!

I will be very pleased to drink lemonade, punch, and ginger ale!

I would prefer to avoid carrying soft drinks aboard, because of their weight and the space that they take up in luggage.

I know that Ginger Ale and tonic water are also available. In addition, some of the bars have cans of caffeine free diet coke. These and the ones named are the only ones of which I am aware.

Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. :)

My wife would very much appreciate it if you could expand on where she can get caffeine free diet coke - on our last cruise she had to get diet sprint.

Thanx

We have found that some of the bars have caffeine free diet coke available in cans (not in the fountain). As to which bars, it has been somewhat random. We usually just ask and see if they have it and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Often it is in the bar which serves as the piano bar for the ship. We have also found it in Michaels Club. I don't know why all of the bars do not have this. We have not been able to find it in the dining room.

If your wife really wants the caffeine free diet coke and you don't want to just search the bars, I suggest contacting the food and beverage mgr for possible information.

Also, while not a soft drink, another free beverage in addition to tea is the passionfruit drink in the Aqua cafe. I really, really like this.

In addition, there are bottles of non-alcoholic champagne(sparkling wine) and (Fre) wine available. As far as I know, these are not available by the glass. While we had a bottle of the non-alcoholic sparkling in the room and a bottle of the non-alcoholic wine at dinner, we could not get it by the glass in Michael's Club in the evening at the Elite happy hour, although regular wine of varying types were available by the glass.

We have found that some of the bars have caffeine free diet coke available in cans (not in the fountain). As to which bars, it has been somewhat random. We usually just ask and see if they have it and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Often it is in the bar which serves as the piano bar for the ship. We have also found it in Michaels Club. I don't know why all of the bars do not have this. We have not been able to find it in the dining room.

If your wife really wants the caffeine free diet coke and you don't want to just search the bars, I suggest contacting the food and beverage mgr for possible information.

Also, while not a soft drink, another free beverage in addition to tea is the passionfruit drink in the Aqua cafe. I really, really like this.

In addition, there are bottles of non-alcoholic champagne(sparkling wine) and (Fre) wine available. As far as I know, these are not available by the glass. While we had a bottle of the non-alcoholic sparkling in the room and a bottle of the non-alcoholic wine at dinner, we could not get it by the glass in Michael's Club in the evening at the Elite happy hour, although regular wine of varying types were available by the glass.

Kathy

Thank you very much for the information. We will try a few bars for the CFDC and then store the cans in our refrigerator. I will have to try the passionfruite drink in the Aqua cafe.

Ditto for me, Larry, on the passionfruit drink!

Thanks for the tip on that, Kathy. Is it served from a dispenser, at no extra charge, or is it in a bottle (at $2.50) like the other juices?

Also, someone recently posted a PDF attachment showing "all" the wines supposedly available on the Celebrity ships. (It was a very fancy, published list -- not anything homemade.) On one page of the document, I noticed the following "non-alcoholic wines" -- all supposedly available by the glass for $5 each -- which could all be added to my opening post:

Sutter Fre, Sparkling Bru

Sutter Fre, Chardonnay

Sutter Fre, Premium Red

Sutter Fre, White Zinfandel

PS to anyone: I am still wondering if orange juice is the only "premium" juice that is available in "fresh-squeezed" form, with all the others being bottled? Thanks.

The passionfruit guava beverage is served from a dispenser and is free of charge. I put the comment on our comment card that this should be placed in the buffet drink area too. Perhaps Celebrity might listen and make it available there too. :)

The only premium juice that I ever saw fresh squeezed is the orange juice--there is a special machine that is used for the squeezing/juicing process. I'm sure it could probably accommodate other fruits, but I've never seen that available. Who knows, maybe there will be lemonade or something like that fresh squeezed sometime.

Thanks for the information regarding the non-alcoholic wines which may be available by the glass. I had never seen this before. When we asked at Michaels Club during the Elite happy hour, we were told that no non-alcoholic beverages were available except for sodas, sodas with a splash of grinidene, and non-alcoholic beer (which we don't like). We specifically asked about wine, since we knew that there were bottles of non-alcoholic wine on the ship, and we were told it was not available by the glass. So we will definitely pursue this the next time. (and we really like the zinfandel, so it is nice to know that this is available even if we just want to buy a glass) I think we will also contact Captain's Club as well as request this. We had written comments about the lack of non-alcoholic beverage options at the Elite happy hour (since the liquor and cocktails flow so freely, it really doesn't seem fair to not provide similarly for those who don't drink alcohol). This will be something more specific we can suggest. Can you tell me where thread/post is with the pdf link in it?

Hi, Kathy.

Wow! You just brought some memories to me.

Earlier, you referred to it as a "passionfruit" drink. But, now, in replying to me, you called it "passionfruit guava beverage" and you said that it is dispensed from a machine without charge.

Guess what? I've had it and enjoyed it. I was aboard the Millennium in 2008, and it was then available for about half the breakfasts in the buffet restaurant. (It may have been available in the AquaSpa Cafe then too, but I don't know.) The label on the dispenser called it "Passaguava" juice.

Well, I thought that I was going to have a lot of trouble finding the thread that gave me the info about the non-alcoholic wines, but I found it pretty quickly for you. After you go there, scroll down to a post by "Albert Ross." He left a link to a PDF that you'll have to open -- and go to page 13 of 16 to see the list. Each item says "5" for a glass and "21" for a bottle.

Have fun ... and good luck with your justifiable quest for fairness!

For those of you who have asked about this ...

Here is a set of links to all six threads in the series -- showing lists of the various kinds of beverages, from 2010 menus aboard the Solstice:

Coffees and Teas at Cafe al Bacio and the Lawn Club:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225556

Non-Alcoholic Beverages (other than Coffee/Tee):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225616

Wines and Liqueurs served by the glass:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225629

Beer/Ale/Stout/Cider:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225642

Martinis at Martini Bar and Ensemble Lounge:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225667

Miscellaneous Cocktails (Mixed Drinks):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225692

So can you get non-alcoholic fizzy wine on a premium non alcoholic package?

Not having been aboard yet, "Jo and Rob," I cannot guarantee it ... but, theoretically, the answer is "Yes." On paper, you should be able to get "Sutter Fre Sparkling Bru." If they don't have it on the ship, you will be out of luck. If they have it aboard, but refuse to serve it by the glass (for $5, as depicted), they would (allegedly) sell the bottle for $21.

Archived