Cruisin during football season

bloops

I'm pretty sure that rabbit ears don't work anymore, now that the analog TV signals have been cut off and everything is digital. (old VHS stations are actually usuallu on the UHF band now)

But I wish you the best of luck...

Bill

As long as the TV has a digital tuner, the rabbit ears will work. RF is RF. The antenna doesn't care if the signal is digital or analog. It will need to be vhf/uhf capable to get all channels as you said. Read more at dtv.gov

We were cruising last year during the regular season. My husband was told by RCCL that they would be showing the games - ONLY reason he agreed to go. Well... sure enough they didnt show the game. I tried for 2 hours to log into my direct TV live feed - $50 in internet fee's later... still no game. Lesson learned.... Never schedule a vacation during football season unless i want to go without DH !!!

We are going Nov. 27th. We knew thats when we wanted to go so my HD and brother picked the date. They were just worried about LSU football. Last year we were on the Triumph out of New Orleans during Nov. Everyone was told that the Saints would be on Sunday. People filled the sports bar up and everyone was making plans to watch the game. Guess what no Saints game the CD came on and gave an update on the scores. I thought we were going to have mutiny on the Triumph.

The CD made an announcement because the feed came out of Denver they could not get the Saints game. Big mistake.

It's sad, but I have actually booked cruises specifically because I knew it was going to be a bye for the Pats. Sick huh?

Sick? Nah, sounds like a new policy I might have to adopt!

Big time Charger fans here, and our next cruise is during the VERY FIRST WEEK of football! AND..... Chargers are playing on MONDAY NIGHT!! Gasp... Gag... OH HELL! (Fortunately, they are playing the Chiefs, sooo.... NOT a problem getting a "W"!) :p

Big time Charger fans here, and our next cruise is during the VERY FIRST WEEK of football! AND..... Chargers are playing on MONDAY NIGHT!! Gasp... Gag... OH HELL! (Fortunately, they are playing the Chiefs, sooo.... NOT a problem getting a "W"!) :p

If it's a Monday night game I'm sure it'll be shown on the big screen on the Lido deck.

Bill

YES. Now my friends that bailed on tickets are now interested. Too bad. I got mine and they are undercover. Not moving. Now I can buy some beer in the stadium with the money we are saving.

Since they reduced the price of a PSL, I wouldn't be surprised if they make it up with a huge ticket price increase next year.

.....I don't mind missing a preseason game, but regular season? NO WAY! ;)

Rob_Jen, let's see if we can meet up before a game 1 day.

bloops, I believe the ticket prices will stay like that for 3 years from what I remember.

:D

wasiii

.....I don't mind missing a preseason game, but regular season? NO WAY! ;)

Rob_Jen, let's see if we can meet up before a game 1 day.

bloops, I believe the ticket prices will stay like that for 3 years from what I remember.

:D

wasiii

Wasiii - That would be good. Just let me know. I doubt I will be at the preseason games but all the others except for the cruise week (Houston).

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Valor Jan 2--and I will be the only Jet fan sailing with a bunch of (arrrggh) Patriot fans-lol---now the Denver game is 415 that day and both the Jets and Patriots have 1 pm games so there is a shot that while sipping and lunching on the lido deck we could see the last regular season game of the year--of course by then the Jets will have clinched a playoff spot and I can relax and not need to watch the game:D The day we get back we are staying for 3 more days so I wont be flying while a playoff game is going on--oh thats ok we will have a bye:p

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• 2 months later...

Archived