Changing Cabin mate onboard?

davmask

Sailing on the Ruby in October. Is it possible to change cabin mates onboard? Do not really want to revise our reservations now, but... Can it be done?

Yes, there is usually a $50 name change fee. My understanding this can not be done on the day of sailing, but must take place at least a few days prior.

Do you mean you have two cabins and you want to swap among them? For instance parents are booked into separate cabins each with a child. You want the parents together and the kids together.

If so. just go to the purser's desk and they will give you new cruise cards.

Sailing on the Ruby in October. Is it possible to change cabin mates onboard? Do not really want to revise our reservations now, but... Can it be done?
If it's before final payment, there's no charge. If it's after final payment, there's a $50 fee. One person on the original booking must remain on the booking. Once the Cruise Personalizer has closed, I don't believe you can make any changes until you board. The check-in people at the pier don't have the capability to make any booking changes; they don't have access to the information.

If you are asking because you have two cabins for your group and you want to switch people around, check in with your original bookings and go to the Pursar's Desk and change around. It's a bit more complicated if the people changing are using different credit cards but if you're in one family group with one person paying, it's not a problem.

My DW and I each booked a cabin on the Ruby last Sept for us and another couple. We did this because we were able to get a much lower rate than our friends could get. One of the cabins was paid for with our CC and the other with our friend's CC. After we were checked in and onboard we went down to the purser who made the paperwork changes so that each couple was in their own cabin. There was no charge for making the change and no problems with the billings and OBC's for each cabin.

My DW and I each booked a cabin on the Ruby last Sept for us and another couple. We did this because we were able to get a much lower rate than our friends could get. One of the cabins was paid for with our CC and the other with our friend's CC. After we were checked in and onboard we went down to the purser who made the paperwork changes so that each couple was in their own cabin. There was no charge for making the change and no problems with the billings and OBC's for each cabin.

We did the exact thing for our spring transatlantic. When you board the ship, just go to the pursers desk and make the changes. No charge... They say it happens all the time.

We did the exact same thing for the exact same reason! No charge and did it the of boarding at the purser's desk.

One method rumored to work well is to say, "No, hon, that dress doesn't make you look fat, it's your big butt that makes you look fat." Success rate is over 99%!

:D

Rob, are you sure you are on the correct thread???

My wife has tried on several occasions but so far hasn't succeeded

Archived