Dublin Travel Card

Looking to purchase the Dublin Travel Card. We will be in Dublin in late August.

It is about an extra ten bucks to purchase the card on-line and have it sent to my address in the US. Is it worth the convenience to pay the extra cost?

For those who know Dublin, is the Dublin Travel Center out of the way (a distance from the HOHO) or difficult to find (if we just want to pick it up when our ship arrives in port)? We will be doing the Dublin Hop On Hop Off Bus, so we would need to pick up the Travel Card and then look to start our tour with the HOHO.

Hello,

I am thinking that The Dublin Travel Card is The Dublin Pass that allows entrance to many sites. You can get a discounted ticket for the HOHO tours if you purchase in combination with the Pass. It can be purchased at the Dublin Tourist Offices.

http://www.visitdublin.com/seeanddo/TouristOffices/dublin.aspx

The main office is on Suffolk Street. The HOHO tours go by the office. The shuttle bus from your ship will drop you not too far from the office.

The tours originate on O'Connell Street where there is a tourist office also.

The offices open at 9 am and the tours start at 9 am. As you have such a short time in port I would suggest purchasing your tickets before you arrive. The offices will be full of the normal tourist traffic plus your fellow cruisers. With your tickets in hand already you can get the first tour.

I hope that helps. Enjoy your trip to Dublin.

Dubhlinn:

Thanks for your help.

If you think that there will be lines purchasing the Dublin Travel Card while in Dublin, than purchasing it on-line seems the thing to do.

Thanks again.

Archived