Saint Paul De Vence Reading

SmokinActuary

Hi everyone,

Can someone recommend a good guide book or on-line resource to have an idea what to see in Saint Paul?

We are visiting on a Tuesday at the end of July on our first stop on a 7 hour drive from Cannes. Tourettes and a candy factory are also on our itinerary and perhaps Gourdon if the weather makes it worth our while.

Thanks in advance,

John

Hi everyone,

Can someone recommend a good guide book or on-line resource to have an idea what to see in Saint Paul?

We are visiting on a Tuesday at the end of July on our first stop on a 7 hour drive from Cannes. Tourettes and a candy factory are also on our itinerary and perhaps Gourdon if the weather makes it worth our while.

Thanks in advance,

John

St.Paul de Vence is a hilltop town that is an artist colony and just walking around the town is the experience...do some reading on this board by search and Google it as well.You will find all the info you need.

I'm not so sure about it being an "artist's colony", although that may have been true once. There is still art there, but mainly in the form of a lot of very glossy & expensive galleries/shops.

Nonetheless, it is pretty.

Absolutely agree with Cberge. You do not need a book to walk around a small village that can be covered on foot in a couple of hours.

Hank

Perhaps some understanding of the history of Saint Paul De Vence would enhance our wanderings? I am not looking for the Rick Steve's treatment.

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance,

John

John, I have a MAP of St. Paul that I picked up at their Tourist's Office. I will mail it to you if you want it. I have been there twice and most likely will not return anytime soon.

Send you name and mailing address to me:

h2otstr@aol.com

Sharon

Perhaps some understanding of the history of Saint Paul De Vence would enhance our wanderings? I am not looking for the Rick Steve's treatment.

Really,your best bet is Google or try your local library.St.P was like a lot of towns in France,a hilltop town that gave protection to those living there.

There are a number of resources you can search on the internet for any subject. First place to start is Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Paul_de_Vence

You can also try online bookshops such as Amazon or ABE books. Then of course you can just Google and you will find hours of reading material.

John, I have a MAP of St. Paul that I picked up at their Tourist's Office. I will mail it to you if you want it. I have been there twice and most likely will not return anytime soon.

Send you name and mailing address to me:

h2otstr@aol.com

Sharon

Thanks Sharon!

Thanks everyone else - I will rely on google and amazon.

Archived