Not a happy camper right now...

Grr...just called to see if I could upgrade to the spa interior 4S from a 4H and was told that because we only have 3 in our party we cannot book these because they are either double occupancy or quads. Not very happy right now! So if we have 3 people in our party we will never be able to book inside spa rooms? This seems crazy...but maybe another reason to add a 4th to our family?

Grr...just called to see if I could upgrade to the spa interior 4S from a 4H and was told that because we only have 3 in our party we cannot book these because they are either double occupancy or quads. Not very happy right now! So if we have 3 people in our party we will never be able to book inside spa rooms? This seems crazy...but maybe another reason to add a 4th to our family?

If the third is a child then why would it matter?it's not like they would be using the spa if that's what they are worried about.I do think that's strange tho.

It's because they want the 4 person room to be available for someone to book with four people.

I have noticed that with the last cruise I booked. The number of people in your room has to match the room capacity or they won't let you book that room.

I think they are worried about the $209.00 dollars for the 4th person. Maybe they should be worried more about my entire cruise fare because if I get mad enough I just won't sail on their ship. :mad:

And then they'll get your deposit and sell your cabin to someone else. The Elder God sees a flaw in your plan. Perhaps waiting until right before the cruise and seeing if anyone has booked the cabin is a better strategy?

And then they'll get your deposit and sell your cabin to someone else. The Elder God sees a flaw in your plan. Perhaps waiting until right before the cruise and seeing if anyone has booked the cabin is a better strategy?

yes, yes, yes better strategy. Sit on it for a few days and cool off. Don't lose your deposit!!!! Check a few weeks out and see if the cabin is available then ask for it!!!!

It is just really disappointing that they will not accomodate me with this request. And for future cruises since we will not likely be adding anymore to our family, we will not be able to book this catagory at all. Just poor planning on their part that they would not anticipate clients traveling with only 3 people in their family. BTW, I just checked my current cabin and guess what it is....a quad! WTH! Double standards!

I would call back and talk to someone else. When calling Carnival, you'll often find that if you talk to 10 different people, you end up with 10 different answers. Hopefully the next person you talk to will be able (or willing) to let you change cabins.

When are you sailing? I know that on some sailings (like holiday sailings), they're trying to fill the ship to maximum capacity, and require that you have the maximum number of passengers in the cabin. You can't book a quad with only 3 people, for example. This was true for our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on the Freedom (Nov. 20).

There are occupancy requirements for the cruise line and the government.

The government's occupancy requirements are for the maximum number of guests per cabin. They do not require that you not fall below the maximum - just that you don't exceed it.

All cruise lines have occupancy rules. You have to book the same occupancy as people in your cabin.

Carnival will sometimes let you book 3 in a 4, etc, but if someone calls and wants the quad, you get bumped to a room that fits 3.

You can take your money and leave Carnival, but you won't be able to go anywhere else.

???? If OP cancels before final payment she doesn't lose anything.

hhhmmm, maybe it was to do with the age of your child? how old is your child?

Like the previous poster said, they are two adults and an 11 yr old.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it...:confused:

I just went on Carnival.com and it let me select a 4S cabin with 3 passengers (only available cabin was 11223). I would call Carnival back and explain the situation. If the website will let you book that cabin as a triple, then it stands to reason that they should let you do it (or switch to that cabin) over the phone as well.

Good luck.

That is odd....we booked an interior Spa cabin on the Dream and there were only 3 of us!! Cabin 11223.... 12/03/09

Although unless they have fixed the "gong" noise that happens if the ship hits a wave just right....I would go with a Spa Balcony...but not a Spa interior....

Yep, that's the cabin I was looking at 11223 sailing on Dec 4th. My child is 4, not sure why that would matter. I booked through a TA and also called Carnival directly to see what the deal was. Even mentioned about the website being able to book that cabin. She said what would likely happen is that once I booked online my cabin # wouldn't be confirmed and I would not be able to book it anyway. TA is calling several different people this afternoon to see if they get a different answer. Hopefully we will get a yes! Unfortunately we don't want to spend that much more money to book the spa balcony. We'd rather use the money on the cruise instead. I guess we will have to stay with our deck 9 inside for now. But the point is...we are still booked in a quad on this deck. Not sure why the different decks matter. It is just the point of the matter now....

I think they are worried about the $209.00 dollars for the 4th person. Maybe they should be worried more about my entire cruise fare because if I get mad enough I just won't sail on their ship. :mad:

If they let your book a quad room with less than 4 people, you could get very mad later. If the ship is filling up and a party of 4 wants to book, YOU would be bumped out of your room. I'm betting that would make you even less happy.

If they let your book a quad room with less than 4 people, you could get very mad later.

The OP said she is ALREADY booked three in a quad, and just wants to switch to a quad in a different category and NOW is being told she can't - on the same sailing.

I think that's weird.

She CAN get bumped from the cabin she is already booked in IF there are no quads left and someone who has 4 people wants a cabin.

That's the chance you take when you put 3 in a 4.

So either way...I might be bumped. I'd rather take my chances in the cabin I WANT to be in rather than the cabin I'm in now. Sorry guys for being so gloomy and thanks for letting me vent! I'm just excited to go on the brand new boat and was excited to see these rooms types available only to be told that I can't have them for what seems like a reason that is contradictory.

Archived