Miracle cruise 6/16/10

snowy owl

Hi all,

Ya I know not a lot has been said about the Miracle lately trust me I know because I looked before our cruise. We are a family of four dh, me (dw) and dds (15 & 18).

The younger dd loved club o2 because there was so many kids to hang out with. She also hung out with kids from our roll call. She had a blast and did not want to leave.

DD 18 was mostly with me and another family from our roll call. She also had a blast . We took this cruise for her, she graduated High School and turned 18. We have no complaints. Surprisingly did not grain any weight, we walk around the ship so much. The shows were ok I have enjoyed other shows better. Malcolm and his staff were great with the entertainment, Malcolm and Sparkles had a cruise critic fun meeting for us. I don’t know if they always do one or if they looked and saw we had a large roll call. ?? I never asked. I thought it was nice. Well I guess it would be easier to answer questions, so ask a way and hopefully the people in the roll call see this and can help answer then with me.

I was VIP so getting on was easier. I thought the ship looked great. Staff was always cleaning or fixing something. Room steward was good considering he had to work around a sleeping teen. Waiter in the main dinning room I thought did all the work. We only saw his assistant a couple of times. Drinks were always offered but not pushed on you. I’m good at saying no (just ask my kids). We all loved this trip. The islands were Grand Turks. We just layed out under the palm trees. It was nice and relaxing. Then Half Moon Cay. That was the best. Great beach to be on. Water was great. I would definitely go back and recommend it to others. Nassau Bahamas I’m sick of. Wish they would go somewhere else. Loved the sea days. I though there was always something to do. Well right know I can’t think of anything else so start asking questions. Getting off the ship was a breeze too. I wish I could of stayed on.

Oh the other thing too when you get off and are taking a taxi. They were handing out tickets out by the road to get a taxi. We went out and thought we were standing in line then heard then calling out numbers. Got one.53 they were only calling out 30 at the time we discovered we needed a number. Taxi are few to none. I would think the taxi company would know the terminal schedule by now. There was two ships in port disembarking that day. So when getting off the ship be ready to wait.

Ask away.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Snowy Owl,

Thank you so much for posting your review. I would appreciate it if you would tell me what you thought of the entertainment on Board. I will be going on the Miracle 9/4/10 and hoping the seas are calm.

Thanks you.

Sharon Campbell

Excellent review! I just asked a bunch of questions about this ship, got some great answers.

How was the comedian on board?

How were the sea's, and if they were rough - how did the ship take them?

How was the food?

And we can't wait to go!!! How was the water at Grand Turk and the Private island, was it bath tub warm ?

The seas during our run were almost unusually calm. We actually prefer a bit of rocking -- lulls us to sleep at the end of a full day.

The food aboard was up to the usual Carnival standards. We've cruised on m/s C. Miracle several times and find no change in food quality from run to run. The menu in the Bacchus can be explored without risk of running into a 'bummer'. Should you find something not to your liking, the possibility of ordering something else compensates nicely. Our waiter and assistant [Ms. Mariana Bradatan and Mr. Yra Camilon] were, quite frankly, top-notch. We found the 'perk' of having partial bottles of wine saved until the next evening's meal a decided plus.

On music, I can speak for Mr. Jim Rider* [singer of great songs spanning several decades, accompanied by a well-used, well-played, stainless steel-fretted acoustic guitar.] I searched him out [he plays at several locations] and listened whenever time permitted. The show orchestra was of high quality also.

You can find my 'review' of the same cruise a year ago at:

http://spacefillers.blogspot.com/

Jim ['n Joan]

* I didn't have a chance to listen to some of the other performers/groups.

I saw the first big show it was ok. The juggler was good and guy with the puppet was the best.

The sea were very calm and quite. The food was good as normal. I also posted my review on the review page to. I would do this cruise again.

The island beaches were great. HNC was the best beach. Some of the entertainment changes from cruise to cruise. If someone is not getting good respond from the audience then they might change them. Over all I thought it was great. I did not do the big show because my oldest dd found another family and we hung out with them a lot. You all will have a great time.

We're planning the 6/15/11 Miracle so basically the same timeframe you did but next year. We've been on the Miracle so familiar with the layout of the ship. What type of cabin were you in? We're planning on a 9B rather than a regular balcony cabin so excited about the add'l space and balcony size.

This is a different itinerary than our last Miracle cruise. I'm kinda excited about Grand Turk and the private island. Nassau, hmmm, well not so much. Our plan is the beach and Margaritaville at GT and renting a cabana at HMC. I'm seriously considering the Segway beach excursion at Nassau because our family is fair-skinned and we will no doubt be beached out by then and looking for adventure. I think my three boys (21, 18, and 15) will love riding Segways! Did you find the weather to be particularly hot in mid June?

Did the Miracle offer Martini or wine tasting? Was there a cooking demonstration in Nick & Nora's? I sure hope they have that behind the scenes tour I've been reading about on other ships as my dh will flip for that. Do you remember if anything special was offered on the Sunday that was Father's day? Oh, one more thing, did you see any Drinks of the Day offered in the whale tail cup? I don't have one of those and I want one!!

Just noticed in your signature that you've sailed on the Miracle, Pride, and Legend. Which is your favorite? The Pride is in our backyard but crazy expensive for the summer sailings! We are considering the Bermuda September sailing though.

Snowy Owl,

This will be our first cruise in a while but we are going with my parents who have been on 8 or so cruises (this is there first time to these destinations). We are all doing the Dune Buggy Tour. I am interested in the $25 Sting Ray in Half Moon and the catameran/snorkle/beach in Nassau....any feedback?

Archived