Shipboard Credit for Stockholder

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean still offers shipboard credit if you are a stockholder in their company. We just bought Carnival stock and want to buy Royal Caribbean also. Princess is giving us $100 for a 7-day cruise and $250 for two weeks and longer.

If they do give it, is it also available for Celebrity and Azamara???

Yes, if you own 100 shares of stock you get onboard credit. But if you get any other type of discount at all, you can't get your stockholder credit and take advantage of other discounts--like Platinum or Diamond discounts. ONLY if you are not using any other type of discount can you use your OBC now.

The first five cruises we took after buying shares, we got our other discounts AND shareholder credit, too. Then they put a stop to "double dipping."

On the boards here, there is discussion about Royal Caribbean reinstating the shareholder credit along with other incentives. Many people sold off their RCI stock over this issue a couple of years ago.

RCCL should reinstate the cruise credit, I mean its just another way to be thanking those of us that are loyal to royal.

I would say over the last 5 years, my hubby and I have spent about 20k all together on cruises and give family members cruises. We own 100 shares of RCCL, and would love to get the "double dip" as some call it.

We love RCCL and would rather cruise on that line than any other. Now that we are Diamond it makes it harder to get on a different line. Diamond + is only a few cruises away.

Now that we are Diamond it makes it harder to get on a different line. Diamond + is only a few cruises away.

If you sail on Celebrity or Azamara, you will receive the benefits of Elite which is equivalent to Diamond. But they do not have a category equal to Diamond +

RCCL should reinstate the cruise credit, I mean its just another way to be thanking those of us that are loyal to royal.

I would say over the last 5 years, my hubby and I have spent about 20k all together on cruises and give family members cruises. We own 100 shares of RCCL, and would love to get the "double dip" as some call it.

We love RCCL and would rather cruise on that line than any other. Now that we are Diamond it makes it harder to get on a different line. Diamond + is only a few cruises away.

We agree, award loyalty. By the way Carnival allows combining credits.

If you use shareholder's OBC, you can still have any OBC that your T/A gives you. We stopped booking on board while on RCL, it wasn't worth it.

However, shareholder's works well on Celebrity, where there is no balcony discount.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. As mentioned, Carnival does allow combining the credits. In fact Carnival had the combining credits, then took them away for awhile, but reinstated the ability to combine a few years ago. Let's hope RCL goes the same way. It's one of those where it's just not worth holding onto the stock, OR not worth booking a cruise onboard. Since I sail both (and own stock in both), it really makes it tougher for RCL to match the prices of the credits I can get when I compare the total cost for cruising on each. (Carnival often gives a discount to a past cruiser AND combines multiple discounts, making RCL seem less attractive in that regard)

Archived