Summit to Bermuda Dining ?

Kirklette

Hi - There are 6 of us going on the 8/8 sailing to Bda. Can someone tell me which nights are formal? Which night would you choose to skip the main dining room, and go to the Normandie instead?

Thanks,

Kirklette :p

Hi Kirklette

We are also a party of 6 close friends on the Summit Aug 8th! I believe the formal nights are Monday & Friday (with Friday being the Captains dinner)

This is our first Celebrity cruise -- longtime loyal Carnival cruisers, but we are looking forward to this cruise!

Hi - There are 6 of us going on the 8/8 sailing to Bda. Can someone tell me which nights are formal? Which night would you choose to skip the main dining room, and go to the Normandie instead?

Thanks,

Kirklette :p

Formal night will be the second night and the second to last night.

Even though we didn't go the Normandie on our recent cruise, I would suggest Wednesday evening as a good night to go. The menu was not that impressive. Since my son (16) has food allergies we were given a preview of the menu the night before so that he could make a selection to be prepared without cross contamination. He had a hard time choosing somethig and so did we. We ended up in the buffet. THis is the first day in Bermuda and others will tell you not to miss Harbour Nights in Hamilton. We couldn't wait to get out of there; it was very crowded and everything was expensive.

Did this cruise in Early June. The Menu is weakest on Thursday. The show was also weak that night. If we could do the cruise over we would book the Latest seating possible at Normandie Thursday and make the most of the one full day in Bermuda.

• 2 weeks later...

kirklette and 2cruisers60,

we are also on the 8/8 Summit sailing. Although the cruise is less than 2 weeks away, there is still time to join other cruisers on that sailing via the roll call thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1011372

Yes, my understanding is that formal nights are Monday and Friday. Because we have booked Main Seating, we are opting for doing the Normandie on Wed night--our first night in Bermuda so that we do not have to rush back to the ship to make our 6:15pm seating. However as already pointed out by another poster, this occurs during the same night as Harbour Nights in Hamilton. We will be too tired to go that. We are also thinking of booking the Normandie restaurant for Thu night as well.........

Archived