Length of Ice Show on FoS?

GoTX

Trying to pick which ice show to take my 9-year old to on our cruise in two weeks. :confused: Does anyone know how long the show lasts? I was wondering if we could see the 5pm show and still make it to our 1st seating dinner at 6pm. Not sure if DD will be able to be awake enough to enjoy the 9pm show that is offered that I know would fit our schedule without conflict . . .

Thanks!!

Andrea

Trying to pick which ice show to take my 9-year old to on our cruise in two weeks. :confused: Does anyone know how long the show lasts? I was wondering if we could see the 5pm show and still make it to our 1st seating dinner at 6pm. Not sure if DD will be able to be awake enough to enjoy the 9pm show that is offered that I know would fit our schedule without conflict . . .

Thanks!!

Andrea

Yes you can make 6:00 dinner. It lasts about one hour. If you are 5 minutes late for dinner, it won't be a big deal.

The 5PM and 9 PM shows are designed for the early seating, so you'll be fine. Make sure you get tix, and even with the tix, get to Studio B at least 30 min early for decent seats!

And when we say get tickets, we mean...

Early during the cruise, on the FOS, they distribute tickets. There are usually 4 ice shows. The tickets are free. You just need to decide what show to go to. Make sure you get the tickets for the show you want. This keeps everyone from showing up for the first show. They will usually distribute them somewhere on the Royal Promenade.

It has been my experience that the ice shows are approximately 45 minutes long. You will have more than enough time after the show to get to the dining room in time for dinner.

And if you have the deck 3 dining room it is only a one minute walk to the MDR.:)

Beware, if you have the deck 5 dining room, you could expect walk time to double.:eek:

Y'all are great -- thanks for all the speedy replies that told me exactly what I needed to know! We will plan on the 5pm show, and will be stalking the Promenade for tickets the second they are available!

Andrea

I realize the Explorer is a bit smaller than Freedom, but on our Ex cruise last week, we had tickets for the last ice show, 5:00 the last night. I hurried my DH to get ready so we could get good seats. Well, we got there by a bit after 4:40, and the place was almost empty. It never did fill, although it was probably three quarters full by show time.

Not sure if this was because it was the last show, or what, but DH just had to give me grief for rushing him!

By the way, we had 6:00 seating and made it easily.

The ice shows rock, have fun!

Sue

We are traveling with another couple. Can one person get tickets for 4 people or do all 4 need to show up at the ticket distribution?

Only 1 person needs to get the tickets. They can get tickets for the entire party. When showing up for the show, everyone should arrive together.

Archived