Weather in April

helenandfrank

Hi everyone. We are booked on AMA in April next year (Paris to Prague) and whilst we know it will be cool (we are from Brisbane, so cool may mean something different to us!) but will it be cold - as in too cold to sit on the top deck during the criuse? How should we dress? Our first cruise - we are very excited. Thank you

We did Budapest to Prague mid May of this year. The weather was unseasonably cold, some on our boat were buying scarves and toques from the AMA gift shop. I didn't dress warmly enough one day in Germany when the temperature was about 42 F. I definitely was uncomfortable:rolleyes:.

You just never can tell, everywhere we went we were told it was the coldest wettest May they could remember!

I was on the same cruise as Doreen22. I don't think there was one day where sitting on the sun deck would have been comfortable. Most days it was raining, and when it wasn't, it was cold. We were fortunate to get the cruise though. People on the same itinerary a few weeks later had to use buses due to high river levels on the Danube.

We took Avalon's Grand France in April. The weather was cool ... well, the morning we went to Monet's Garden was in the 40's with some wind. By the time we were in Lyon the temperatures were moderating. By the time we got to Nice, it was warmer but both of us used jackets every day. We were lucky with the time we were in France, we had sprinkles on day when we were touring on our own in Normandy prior to the cruise and then we had sprinkles in Nice during our 'personal' time there.

Archived