trailer trash vacations

This is exactly how they stay rich! :rolleyes:

The cheapest people I know have more money than God .

My mom has a lady friend , very wealthy widow. She loves tag sales and the dollar stores and all those things. Lives in the same town where Martha Stewart, Paul Newman and several other celebrities have homes .

She drives to them in her Mercedes and can't wait to brag about all her treasures that she finds

"Look at this , they were 2 for $5. They cost $2.99 in the supermarket . I bought 12 of them " *LOL*

Cruisin'Allie

I love my "bargain" Toyota I got at CarMax! So what if it was 6 years old... Had less miles than most 2 year olds!

untill cars come with a hours of operation meter you'll never know if it was used for something like security work. the night guard drives 2 miles in the thing but has the engine running and heater/air con on for the 7 hours he was parked and either sleeping or eating doughnuts.

i worked at a motorhome and rental cabins resort with 400 motorhome spaces and 125 rental cabins. it was in a northern state and open year round and the security cars were always leased and toyotas. we beat the heck out of them because they would be running almost 24/7 and if not parked just creeping down the dirt roads at idle.

sorry for the threadjack.

done it who do you think you are??? are you that much better that you call people that cruise Carnival lower end type of clientele?? I think not!! That just makes you the lower end!! do not judge people because you will be judges 10 fold!!! I choose to cruise Carnival because I like to and I am not the lower end of anything and if I was what business is it of yours???? Stay off of Carnival and let the real people cruise!!

Very well said Thoth.....people like you is why we cruise on Carnival. Never had a bad experience with a cruiser on Carnival...and everyone i met was truely nice. I have seen a few people who thought they were too cool......but they were the only ones who thought that....very nice friendly fellow passengers on Carnival so far for me!

Well thanks. Same here.

I love my "bargain" Toyota I got at CarMax! So what if it was 6 years old... Had less miles than most 2 year olds!

Gotta get those bargains when you find them!

Hey my Toyota Corolla is 10 years old. It runs great so I wouldn't trade it in for a status car if they were giving them away.

come on folks, you must admit that the budget cruises ARE at the bottom of the price scale so they certainly do attract a "Wal-Mart"/ lower end type of clientele. Way too many wife beaters, jorts and "rude because they know no better" types on board. I know everyone isn't that way but many on these lines ARE. That is what makes me wonder why "normal" folks or middle to upper class folks don't look for a more high end cruise? Could someone explain this?

The OP's story was about a friend that referred to cruising as a trailer trash vacation...not any specific line...she lumped them all together. The distinction was not made between a "budget line" and a "high end line".

As to you question about why normal folks don't look to higher end cruises....well that has been addressed by my fellow trailer trash.

Hey Bruce! Guess who's coming to Orlando in a few weeks!? Trailer Choir! My station is sponsoring a "New Faces Showcase" and they're invited. They have a yearly acoustic jam also and they were a big hit there this past January... But why ain't they playin' their songs??

Hey Bruce! Guess who's coming to Orlando in a few weeks!? Trailer Choir! My station is sponsoring a "New Faces Showcase" and they're invited. They have a yearly acoustic jam also and they were a big hit there this past January... But why ain't they playin' their songs??

Allie - I just noticed your in central FL. As soon as we sell our home here in Milwaukee (which, based on the real estate market could be in a couple years),w e're moving to our place just on the boarder of Haines City/Winter Haven. And, yes, it's in mobile home park :p

Where in central FL are you? Have a great day!

Lindsay

Cruisin'Allie

untill cars come with a hours of operation meter you'll never know if it was used for something like security work. the night guard drives 2 miles in the thing but has the engine running and heater/air con on for the 7 hours he was parked and either sleeping or eating doughnuts.

i worked at a motorhome and rental cabins resort with 400 motorhome spaces and 125 rental cabins. it was in a northern state and open year round and the security cars were always leased and toyotas. we beat the heck out of them because they would be running almost 24/7 and if not parked just creeping down the dirt roads at idle.

sorry for the threadjack.

My very first "car payment" was an ex-lease with 55,000 mountain highway miles after one year. It was a Geo Prism (all parts under hood were Toyota Corolla). That car lasted me 13 years. My "bargain" Rav4 is almost 11 years old with only 88,000 miles. I've had it 4.5 years and NOTHING is wrong... I wouldn't have anything but a Toyota. They'll run circles around any Ford out there. :)

Allie - I just noticed your in central FL. As soon as we sell our home here in Milwaukee (which, based on the real estate market could be in a couple years),w e're moving to our place just on the boarder of Haines City/Winter Haven. And, yes, it's in mobile home park :p

Where in central FL are you? Have a great day!

Lindsay

I'm about 30 miles away in St. Cloud.

I've got possibly the cheapest lakefront property in Florida! Yessiree... I got the danged best ole lot in the whole dad-burned trailer park. Just gotta watch yur little yippie dogs cause dem gators'll get um...

I'll post a pic of my "hammock view" when I get home. I'm on my phone right now... And it sure is hard to talk "trash" with this derned auto-correct!

I'm about 30 miles away in St. Cloud.

I've got possibly the cheapest lakefront property in Florida! Yessiree... I got the danged best ole lot in the whole dad-burned trailer park. Just gotta watch yur little yippie dogs cause dem gators'll get um...

I'll post a pic of my "hammock view" when I get home. I'm on my phone right now... And it sure is hard to talk "trash" with this derned auto-correct!

How did you know we have a "little Yippie dog"? I keep telling him to behave, or he'll be a gator snack when he gets to Fl! Can't wait to see the "hammock view".

How did you know we have a "little Yippie dog"? I keep telling him to behave, or he'll be a gator snack when he gets to Fl! Can't wait to see the "hammock view".

We got the "yippie dog" warning from EVERYONE when we moved in. We have an indoor cat and a bunny so we don't have to worry, but I can hear gators at night sometimes. I was told that they sound like a low deep toad "croak" but I guess there is plenty other "wildlife" that makes noises too. Plus some neighbor kids have caught baby gators... the babies are bad enough! One was almost 4 feet long!

My neighbor has told me that I have a big possum living under my house (which might be why Fizz (my cat) has a fascination with the floor vents). Hey Wade, don't suppose you know how to "whip up" fillet o possum on an iron do you?! :D

I am not a troll and have never been on this site. Just offering an opinion, same as you all do, but just with a view from " the other side". I hope everyone enjoys their cruise.

You can see from all of our posts that we are happy with the view we got. Go to a thread where people are debating the whole cruise or not to cruise issue. Maybe your opinions will be better received there. We are definitely people who are happy with our choices

Archived