trailer trash vacations

Having been on 2 of the "budget" line crusies back in college, I would have to agree with the OP's friends comment. A large % of the "cruisers" were quite "carnie" like and very obnoxious. One was left with the impression that they finally saved up enough money to go on a cruise so they should be allowed to show their tatooed rear ends the whole time. Hoping for a better experience on a high end cruise.

Having been on 2 of the "budget" line crusies back in college, I would have to agree with the OP's friends comment. A large % of the "cruisers" were quite "carnie" like and very obnoxious. One was left with the impression that they finally saved up enough money to go on a cruise so they should be allowed to show their tatooed rear ends the whole time. Hoping for a better experience on a high end cruise.

On what high end line are you hoping for a better experience? Crystal, Oceania, Regent? Just curious what you are planning and if you will be reporting back on your experiences.

Wondering how long ago "back in college" was?

On what high end line are you hoping for a better experience? Crystal, Oceania, Regent? Just curious what you are planning and if you will be reporting back on your experiences.

not sure yet. Considering several (for my wife) as I have no desire to ever cruise again. Carnival seems like a big shopping mall atmosphere and I am much more of an adventure type guy. Would much prefer a destination with a lot of outdoor adventures (not "tours") as to being stuck on a ship with simulated "outdoor" activities such as climbing walls and flow riders:confused:. Also want to be with other people who enjoy wine and are accustomed to the finer things in life. Still trying to figure out if we will book or not but if we do, I will certainly post about our trip.

not sure yet. Considering several (for my wife) as I have no desire to ever cruise again. Carnival seems like a big shopping mall atmosphere and I am much more of an adventure type guy. Would much prefer a destination with a lot of outdoor adventures (not "tours") as to being stuck on a ship with simulated "outdoor" activities such as climbing walls and flow riders:confused:. Also want to be with other people who enjoy wine and are accustomed to the finer things in life. Still trying to figure out if we will book or not but if we do, I will certainly post about our trip.

You don't want to name the lines are you considering? I notice that thus far your posts on CC have all been to the Carnival, NCL, RCCL ... boards. You do realize these are not "high end" (your term, and one you have used in several of your posts on this and other boards) lines? Really, if you want high end you should consider Crystal, Oceania or Regent. HAL, Celebrity and Cunard are a step above Carnival but not "high end". You might want to ask some questions on those "high end" other boards, posters there could give you some good info. You seem to be quite busy today posting about your "high end" expectations.

Carnival seems like a big shopping mall atmosphere and I am much more of an adventure type guy. Would much prefer a destination with a lot of outdoor adventures (not "tours") as to being stuck on a ship with simulated "outdoor" activities such as climbing walls and flow rider.

If that is your concern, then avoid Royal Caribbean! They are the ships that advertise their ship-long promenade (is that what it's called??) - READ - FLOATING SHOPPING MALL - and the rock climbing walls AND flowriders. A LOT has changed in 12 years.

There are lots of smaller adventure lines (that carry maybe 100 passengers).

If that is your concern' date=' then avoid Royal Caribbean! They are the ships that advertise their ship-long promenade (is that what it's called??) - READ - FLOATING SHOPPING MALL - and the rock climbing walls AND flowriders. A LOT has changed in 12 years.

There are lots of smaller adventure lines (that carry maybe 100 passengers).[/quote']

I was just going to say that. LOL Royal Caribbean is the one with the rock climbing walls, flow riders and promenade, not Carnival.

And funny, I sailed on Carnival 15 years ago and sure don't remember any "carnie like" obnoxious cruisers. :confused:

And funny, I sailed on Carnival 15 years ago and sure don't remember any "carnie like" obnoxious cruisers. :confused:

Must have been Premier's BIG RED (tug) BOAT in the 90s :D

LMAO! Mary, after I posted the big red boat comment, I saw your signature!! I was on the Oceanic in 9/91!

Are their "classes" of trolls now?? Trailer Trash Troll? :confused:

:D

Might be now that I think about it, I love it. Its funny how we can have so much fun on Carnival or the "Budget" lines and people look down on us because we have a great time and they are miserable looking for the perfect vacation, and we spend half the cash. Oh well, misery is bliss

I will be traveling to Miami a day before our cruise to do a lot of shopping at Walmart. Our suitcases will be empty until miami. Booked a room that is not to far from Walmart. Paying for an extra night in the hotel. I have been on walmart. com almost as much as Cruise Critic.

There are only two trailers that I know of in the town I live in.

After 5 Princess cruises my wife and I are going to experience our first Carnival cruise in April, 2011, on the Valor. As I have stated on these boards before, I have heard nothing GOOD about Carnival so we have to experience it ourselves to see what all the fuss is about. Maybe one of the whiners and complainers who are on vacation will see us- we will be the ones with a drink in our hands and a SMILE on our faces!!:D

So I'm guessing the Magic & Dream are the double-wides of the fleet?! :D

Yuk Yuk!

Good night all!

LOL' date='[/color'] Magic & Dream are the double-wides of the fleet ROTFLMAO LOL again........

PROUD MEMBER OF TRAILER TRASH VACATIONS

It's not a nice comment to make without ever having been on Carnival. On Cruise Critic I've seen Carnival described as the WALMART of the cruise lines, Are you going to get mad about that too. Just forget it and enjoy cruising. Incidentally the ship behind me in the picture is the Valor in St Thomas harbor, so my intent is not to pick on Carnival.

Sweet Jesus....now I'm going to have the "Countless" LuAnn's song in my head the rest of the day! LOL

I was thinking the exact same thing :D And she actually has a record deal (or so she says) :eek:

193 reponses and 7000+ views I just got to join the fun.

How could hairy man contests and waiters dancing on tables on the last formal night with hips gyrating be considered trailer trash vacation that is called partying of the best kind :D

How could hairy man contests and waiters dancing on tables on the last formal night with hips gyrating be considered trailer trash vacation that is called partying of the best kind :D

LOL..I was surprised this thread actually got more responses than the "Can I have the manditory gratuities removed" thread" :eek:

That's why our official song is "Rockin' The Beer Gut" :D

LOL..I was surprised this thread actually got more responses than the "Can I have the manditory gratuities removed" thread" :eek:

I agree Molly, kinda strange. I love the new banner, hope you dont mind I picked it up.

Archived