Food in the MDR

Hi all,

Just returned from a 4 nighter on Carnival Inspiration. Quite a different experience taking a 4 night cruise on a 16 year old vessel, after the 7 nighter on Oasis in March!

But, after Oasis this year and Freedom last year, as a huge fan of the RCI product overall, it is somewhat disappointing to discover that, at least in my humble opinion, the food in the MDR has been far superior on my last two Carnival cruises compared to my last two RCI cruises.

Now, I understand 2 and 2 isn't a great sample size, but it is starting to get a bit compelling.

Anyone else have any observations?

Hi all,

Just returned from a 4 nighter on Carnival Inspiration. Quite a different experience taking a 4 night cruise on a 16 year old vessel, after the 7 nighter on Oasis in March!

But, after Oasis this year and Freedom last year, as a huge fan of the RCI product overall, it is somewhat disappointing to discover that, at least in my humble opinion, the food in the MDR has been far superior on my last two Carnival cruises compared to my last two RCI cruises.

Now, I understand 2 and 2 isn't a great sample size, but it is starting to get a bit compelling.

Anyone else have any observations?

While the quality of the food may or may not have gone down, the price of a cruise has gone down, while the price of fuel is up.

We just got back from the Serenade of the Seas and I fully intended to book a specialty restaurant. We thought the food was really good in the MDR so we never made it to either Chops or Portofino! My favorites were the prime rib and the chicken marsala - the chicken was so tender which was surprising considering most chicken I've had on cruises has been dry and tasteless. Maybe the quality varies from ship to ship, but I'd say our food was better than I expected!

Archived