Fully loaded the Epic can hold over 6000 people

sdmike

My first reaction is WOW. We've been considering this a 4000 person ship, but that's double occupancy. If the rooms are full it's a lot higher.

Key figures for Norwegian Epic (C33)

- Length : 330 meters

- Breadth : 41 meters

- Decks : 19

- Number of passenger cabins / passengers : 2114 / 5186 pax

- Number of crew cabins / crew members : 1404 / 1730 crew

- People onboard max. : 6430 - Propulsion : Diesel / Electric

- Theater seats : 685

- Total propulsive power : 2 x 24 MW - 137 revs/ min. about on 2 shaftlines

- Classification : DET NORSKE VERITAS

- Flag : Bahamas

What's great is the ratio of crew cabins to crew members. More private accommodations for the crew means better rested and happier crew which should translate into a better experience for the passengers on board.

This treatment of the crews is yet another innovation that the other lines will have to follow unless they want to lose their best to NCL.;)

Compare EPIC #'s to Oasis/Allure from RCI - 5,400 double occupancy, 6,292 maximum passenger capacity with 2,165 crew.

Passenger/Crew ratios look like this:

EPIC (Double occupancy): 2.42/1

EPIC (Max occupancy): 3/1

Oasis (Double occupancy): 2.49/1

Oasis (Max occupancy): 2.9/1

So from a passenger to crew ratio, the ships are pretty comparable. I haven't run the #'s but I'd guess that range of 2-3 to 1 is pretty standard across the mass market cruise lines.

What's great is the ratio of crew cabins to crew members. More private accommodations for the crew means better rested and happier crew which should translate into a better experience for the passengers on board.

This treatment of the crews is yet another innovation that the other lines will have to follow unless they want to lose their best to NCL.;)

Compare EPIC #'s to Oasis/Allure from RCI - 5,400 double occupancy, 6,292 maximum passenger capacity with 2,165 crew.

Passenger/Crew ratios look like this:

EPIC (Double occupancy): 2.42/1

EPIC (Max occupancy): 3/1

Oasis (Double occupancy): 2.49/1

Oasis (Max occupancy): 2.9/1

So from a passenger to crew ratio, the ships are pretty comparable. I haven't run the #'s but I'd guess that range of 2-3 to 1 is pretty standard across the mass market cruise lines.

Good observations. I almost :eek: when I saw that the Oasis/Allure can hold about 8500 people (crew and pax). That's a decent sized midwestern town. :)

I think the total head count is somewhat less than max pax + max crew. Nevertheless, it amazes me to think that these new mega-ships have capacities that surpass the largest nuclear carriers in the US Navy. (I'm guessing we won't see any nuclear cruise ships anytime soon however.)

I think the total head count is somewhat less than max pax + max crew. Nevertheless, it amazes me to think that these new mega-ships have capacities that surpass the largest nuclear carriers in the US Navy. (I'm guessing we won't see any nuclear cruise ships anytime soon however.)

Nope. People would be complaining about their bathroom glowing :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived