PLEASE help me pick a Cave Tubing company! I'm sailing in 10 days.

Tristan

I can't decide between Xtreme Cave tubing, Jaguar Paw, Major Tom's and Cave-Tubing.com

I would so appreciate any advice.

Thanks so much.

They all pretty much offer the same thing. I will have to say that we went with Major Tom back in June and were disappointed. Not very organized, at all, poor equipment, stopping for gas on the way? The guides were friendly, funny, just not impressed with their time management.

If you haven't looked at cavetubing.bz you should. We went tubing with Vitallino in Feb and had a great time.

Brad

Good to hear!!! We just booked with Vitalino for our cruise in February. I'd read great reviews. So happy to hear you had a good experience!!

belizecruiseexcursions.com

We did the combo of cave-tubing and zip-lining with x-treme........would DEFINITELY use them again.

Superb and professional group.

Note: The ride to the site to do zip-lining/cave-tubing is about 45 minutes. You'll want to take dry clothes.

Major/Minor Tom was outstanding! We actually did two cave systems rather than one, they taught us a ton about the country and the jungle. We ate different things in the jungle, sang songs on the bus, stopped for a Mexican beer on the way back and went bluff jumping into the river aftert our float. We were treated fantistically!

Some friends fromt the ship went through cavetubing.com and said that they felt a bit like they were hearded like cattle.

You can't do better than Major/Minor Tom!

We went on our cruise in Dec this past year. We went with Cave-Tubing.com. It was a great experience. It was a smaller company than many of the others we saw on the river, and for the cost we got just as good a deal if not better. They also feed you, which is included in the cost. It was a blast!

belizecruiseexcursions.com

We did the combo of cave-tubing and zip-lining with x-treme........would DEFINITELY use them again.

Superb and professional group.

Note: The ride to the site to do zip-lining/cave-tubing is about 45 minutes. You'll want to take dry clothes.

We have booked the zip line and the cave tube combo with xtream and have a few questions please. Did you have pleanty of time to do both and make the tender back.

Have docks been built for cruise ships or are you still tendered.

Do you know what company RCCL uses for their cave tubing tour.

Does xtream use black tubes, link feet, have handles, are the vests clean and do you have a helmet/ head light or what?

Any help will be appreciated. Sheryl

I've looked at them all and despite the fact that they all offer just about the same thing and all "tube" in the same water, I went with cave-tubing.com and will be using them in just a couple of weeks.

I just booked our group of three with cave-tubing.com as well.

Maybe we'll see you there! :)

• 1 month later...

I just booked tubing with cavetubing.bz for our October cruise and will report back.

For $45 you get lunch, water/soda, rum punch, transportation and the use of NEW equiptment and 3 cave systems.

And I like that you don't have to pre-pay.

Gina

I enjoy cave tubing but it is the worst I have ever seen in Belize. Along hot walk (climb) and once in the caves you can see only the little spot that your miner lamp lights up (dimly) and you have to have someone else's feet stuck under your arms. Went with X-Treme. Not happy. Many were not happy. After about 5 minutes, AC stopped. Claimed they were getting a different vehicle but never did so we were already very hot before we started the climb. I understand the trip is not so long if you start from Paws.

Archived