Possible cc group cruise - carnival spirit 15 day hawaii - apr 13/12

Luckysll

I have been thinking of a few other things Hawaii-related that I will try to do on this cruise. I'm so happy to get prices and know that this cruise is really going to happen. :D

So exicted :D you made my day!

I should mention, that you don't need to ask me for prices if you are ready to book. And if you already know who the CC TA is, go ahead and contact her. If you need the TA's info, just check out my B2B group thread for the booking info at the bottom of the first post here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1003850

THE MOANA MALIHINIS GROUP CRUISE IS OPEN FOR BOOKINGS!! :D

What's that I hear????? The sound of hula dancers???

Hula_girl_3.gif

WE HAVE PRICES!!!!! :D:D

Okay, I can't post prices here, so until Laura sets us up with our forum in the Member Cruises section, if you want to know the prices and booking info, please email me at luckysll@shaw.ca.

Now, before you go crashing my computer with requests :D, please read the following:

The prices are for guaranteed cabins in the specified categories. Other categories are available, but you will have to contact the CC TA for pricing. Booking any other cabin or category through the TA means you are part of the group and will receive the amenities.

The prices INCLUDE all port charges, taxes and fees.

We do have a reduced depost of $25 per person, but that only applies if you book a guaranteed cabin in one of the categories. To get any other category, to choose your specific cabin now or if you are booking single, triple or quad, the full deposit will need to be paid.

The group's amenities include:

$100 OBC per cabin

Champagne and chocolates

1 bottle of white wine

Cruise Critic Pins (one per person)

Additional Discount on all other Cruise Critic logo items

So.....on your mark.....get set......email me!!! :D

Calling Johana first thing Monday!:)

You've got mail Sandy :)

:confused:

OK...anyone know just how cold it's going to be on our sea days...and how bumpy??? I am very curious....

Trying to decide if I'd be better off doing Hawaii by land. I am very torn. I HATE the idea of flying there...would much rather sail, but if it's cold and I can't hang outside the ship during all those sea days it would really suck :(

You've got mail Sandy :)

:confused:

OK...anyone know just how cold it's going to be on our sea days...and how bumpy??? I am very curious....

Trying to decide if I'd be better off doing Hawaii by land. I am very torn. I HATE the idea of flying there...would much rather sail, but if it's cold and I can't hang outside the ship during all those sea days it would really suck :(

Let me set your mind at ease...

First off, I found no difference in ship movement between the Pacific crossing, to most Caribbean sailings or even Atlantic salings. And this was on a 48,000 gwt ship. I will mention we did not hit any storms. We did have one unfortunate tilt.

And, it was never "cold". It was cool at times, cooler than I would have expected being that far south. I wish I packed a light sweater, but survived without one.

We were outside, more than in, during most daylight hours.

Let me set your mind at ease...

First off, I found no difference in ship movement between the Pacific crossing, to most Caribbean sailings or even Atlantic salings. And this was on a 48,000 gwt ship. I will mention we did not hit any storms. We did have one unfortunate tilt.

And, it was never "cold". It was cool at times, cooler than I would have expected being that far south. I wish I packed a light sweater, but survived without one.

We were outside, more than in, during most daylight hours.

Thanks Pete...:)

60's aren't cold to me (believe me!!) but we hate being on a ship when it's in the 60's and we have to have clothes on while on deck during the day.

I'm back & forth over this and the cruise still outweighs flying to Hawaii...for numerous reasons, first of all flying there would be a PITA from here and second, cost to do a land vacation there would be considerably more.....air alone will be around $900 each.

We'll decide (hopefully) this afternoon...going to mull it over at the beach.

It's wicked hot here!! :eek:

60's aren't cold to me (believe me!!) but we hate being on a ship when it's in the 60's and we have to have clothes on while on deck during the day.

I'm back & forth over this and the cruise still outweighs flying to Hawaii...for numerous reasons, first of all flying there would be a PITA from here and second, cost to do a land vacation there would be considerably more.....air alone will be around $900 each.

HHH here too!

I was in short the whole time (except dinner time, of course:D)

That was the clicher for us. The cruise itself was 1058 pp, but our air (NY-San Diego/Oahu-NY) was $800. The sailing itself, westbound, cut the roundtrip air hell in half, and was surpisingly easy when we did return, overnight, with a stop in St. Louis.

Changing the clock back every day was fun too. No jet lag!

Again, sailing for us had SO many benefits, and LOVED every minute of it. If I even had a chance and a decision to do it again, I think I would still choose the cruise (sort of one sided, never having done the land thingy).

But not on NCL! :D:p:)

Halo - Where in Maine are you? Maine is my home away from home.

So what will the average daytime temps be on our sea days? I figured they would be mid 70's and up? No ??? We do not handle clothes (more than bathing suits) well on sea days either. That would be a HUGE STOPPER for us

What cat cabin is everyone getting? Im thinking 8C, but still even iffy on that because I hate the thought of a guarantee only. I really am thinking of talking to Johna and getting the other prices too to mull over a bit.

Wish we could book today!! I think we're going for the 8C guarantee. We've never booked a guarantee cabin before and we're a little nervous about it.

The cool weather doesn't bother me as much as the rough seas. I hope we have a smooth sailing.

We are so excited about this cruise, it's going to be a long wait.:(

Janis

Wondering?? We have also never booked a guarantee cabin.

Is it possible to book the guarantee and then as time gets closer to change/paying the higher deposit and price , and book a specific cabin??

The $25pp deposit is really attractive right now!:p

Wish we could book today!! I think we're going for the 8C guarantee. We've never booked a guarantee cabin before and we're a little nervous about it.

The cool weather doesn't bother me as much as the rough seas. I hope we have a smooth sailing.

We are so excited about this cruise, it's going to be a long wait.:(

Janis

Wondering?? We have also never booked a guarantee cabin.

Is it possible to book the guarantee and then as time gets closer to change/paying the higher deposit and price , and book a specific cabin??

The $25pp deposit is really attractive right now!:p

Yes, you can book a guarantee at the reduced deposit and then later, pay the remaining deposit balance and pick your cabin.

If you look at the Carnival website at the deck plans, you'll see where the guarantee categories are (4B/C, 8B/C), so you'll have a good idea of where your cabin could be.

I think only people booking that sailing can participate, so I'll bid you all a volcanic BON VOYAGE!!!!!!

:)

Thanks, MrPete. You're welcome to stop by and chat there anytime. :) Hopefully, you'll decide to join us. I know we'd love to have you along.

By George, I think that's got it! :D:D

BTW, what is your name? It just seems so impersonal calling you by your screen name.

Hi Sandy,

My name is Debbie but most of my friends just call me Hon! :D

My issues too..because this much closer..from here..I have same multiple plane issues save 3 more hours jetlag.

Pete's info helped me too..ocean swells etc.

We left Kona at 10:30 PM and did not get back to Bozeman, MT until around 6PM the next day...missed planes on connections home and back to winter parkas in our car:mad:.

If your family can swing it..time and cost...this would be a great first way...then pick a favorite island for a nice condo or hotel stay. There is no comparison to a land stay for getting more of "Hawaii". However to see all those islands this easily with a first trip is more overview at first than anything..and at this price!! I have done the 4 star deal once there. I prefer a condo close to one of major resort areas..best of both worlds...sjn911.

I should mention, that you don't need to ask me for prices if you are ready to book. And if you already know who the CC TA is, go ahead and contact her. If you need the TA's info, just check out my B2B group thread for the booking info at the bottom of the first post here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1003850

THE MOANA MALIHINIS GROUP CRUISE IS OPEN FOR BOOKINGS!! :D

Question answered..thank you.

Archived