28. Jasjess7881 - Jason and Jessica

29. Cruzkitty – Charlene

30. Aelsantokie – Gina (and 3 friends)

31. Carolynsd – Carolyn

32. Cruisegrandma3

33. Sjn911 - Sarah

Who else wants to come along?????

Lucksyll

Are you getting two free cruises for making this list??

BG

Nothing like it. We had never been, so it gave us a VERY good idea where to go when and if we return on land.

My favorite? A place I never even heard of prior. Kauai.

Kauai is amazing isn't it...

It does stand out there more alone as the Islands sit. From my NW years many folks of course visited more often. One friend was there for the big hurricane..fairly wealthy Chiropracter and he had a big oceanfront house rented there and barely got off the Island as that big one hit early 90's I think with his wife and 4 kids. He got his family to airport at 4 AM and they got last flight out before all had to take shelter and wait it out. I just happened to see it before and after this event; about a year on either side. My sister is able to travel far more than I and they choose Hawaii often and Poipu area in Kauai.

Sometime I want to bite the bullet and stay in Princeville area even though rainier there...the Garden Isle..Kauai.

I have been there when very rainy and ocean just red from soil and run-off..was still still great. In many ways it is the most beautiful island..I can't have a favorite...if forced I say Maui.

Howdy neighbor! FYI-it is 16 hours from Hamilton to San Diego driving. Missoula has deals on Allegiant Air to LA, if the price is right, we may do this and rent a car. Otherwise I check prices frequently and can let you know if there are good deals out of Missoula. I would guess flying out of Bozeman may be closer for you, but Msla may be cheaper. Glad you are joining us.

Back at you neighbor and thank you..so if I drove I'd add what...4-6 hours:). You are adventurous..my grandparents used to drive there for a month every winter form Billings...That is only place my grandfather wanted to go..such a homebody..they did take us to Hawaii ( Maui and my first trip) for their 50th and my folks were able to repeat that in Kona with timeshares and tenacity on their 50th for 16 Christmas before last.

Gosh thanks for thinking of me....

Think I would get air from here as so close to Bozeman airport..incredibly close:)...but thank you for info..and meeting MT cruisers is so fun.

I may consider Missoula if killer rates..but roads can still be a bummer here then on this side of divide for me travelling alone; I am not as much of driver as I was:rolleyes: in still possible winter....:rolleyes:.

Can not believe you can take Allegiant there..so far only to Vegas from here!! Maybe they will allow this from here as time rolls along.

PS I LOVE those "slippahs". Sincerely, Sarah

Lucksyll

Are you getting two free cruises for making this list??

BG

No, I don't get "free cruises". As group leader, I get a rebate based on the category of most cabins booked, but only "net", so it is by no means a "free" cruise.

No, I don't get "free cruises". As group leader, I get a rebate based on the category of most cabins booked, but only "net", so it is by no means a "free" cruise.

Nothing is ever free. I won a car from Menards ( home improvement store) last yr and it was definately not free.:o

Pretty good deal--but full disclosure is :

Group Leader Perks

All Cruise Critic groups must have a minimum of 8 cabins booked to be considered a group and receive all of the group perks. As group leader you will receive one free net cruise fare if at least 8 cabins are sold, and two free net cruise fares if at least 16 cabins are sold. Group leaders will need to pay for their cruise upfront, but will be rebated the equivalent rate per berth for the category which has the largest number of cabins booked. Group leader is responsible for all port charges, taxes and fees. In addition, all group leaders will receive the group amenities and an additional perk program created specifically for our group leaders. Please note that the contract for these group cruises is between Cruise Critic and the Preferred Cruise Agency. Final decisions regarding group cruise amenities, perks etc. are the responsibility of Cruise Critic.

Group leaders will also be given details on bulk quantities of discounted Cruise Critic gear for their group members. If 10 or more of any Cruise Critic logowear item is purchased, the group leader will receive that item free. "

BG

The wait is killing you!!???! At least you KNOW you are going! I won't know until we get prices!!!! :D

Can you ask them for a 4K price?

Lesley

The prices we will get will likely be for an inside category and a balcony category, both guarantees, but I'm not sure whether a 4K will be one of those categories. On my B2B group, the inside was a 4B. You can book other categories and be included in the group and get the group's amenities, you will just have to call for the pricing.

Of course, there's no use phoning now, because we don't have even the guaranteed pricing yet. :(

Sandy!

I can't thank you enough for putting this group togeather... Its great to see Hawaii.. but even better going with people that are a part of the group!!! Not so fuddy duddy ;)

I have a can of "no fuddy duddy" spray at the ready, so no worries. :D :D

Pretty good deal--but full disclosure is :

Group Leader Perks

All Cruise Critic groups must have a minimum of 8 cabins booked to be considered a group and receive all of the group perks. As group leader you will receive one free net cruise fare if at least 8 cabins are sold, and two free net cruise fares if at least 16 cabins are sold. Group leaders will need to pay for their cruise upfront, but will be rebated the equivalent rate per berth for the category which has the largest number of cabins booked. Group leader is responsible for all port charges, taxes and fees. In addition, all group leaders will receive the group amenities and an additional perk program created specifically for our group leaders. Please note that the contract for these group cruises is between Cruise Critic and the Preferred Cruise Agency. Final decisions regarding group cruise amenities, perks etc. are the responsibility of Cruise Critic.

Group leaders will also be given details on bulk quantities of discounted Cruise Critic gear for their group members. If 10 or more of any Cruise Critic logowear item is purchased, the group leader will receive that item free. "

BG

That's not just for CC groups. It's any groups.

I did a group cruise once. It was fun to do, and just passed the free berth group $$ savings to the group.

Prior to the cruise I was asked by Uncle Bob to report back to him what I thought of the new Platinum perks. I was visited daily by the hotel manager, invited to a private party serving top shelf drinks and hors d'oeuvers, with all the officers, captain, and CD in attendance to schmooze, and a bunch of other stuff.

I found out afterwards these were just on board perks for group leader, and UB was a little apologetic, informing me the VIP perks had not yet rolled out on that particular ship.

But this was SO MUCH BETTER than when I saw what the VIP perks actually were the follwoing year.

:):)

Kauai is amazing isn't it...

Yes it is.

First off, I was surprised at the lump in my throat, seeing land after 5 1/2 days at sea. It was overwhelming, and then seeing all that lushness, it was just amazing. And then getting BEAUTIFUL fresh leis, and a kiss from a local, in traditional accoutrements.

2391226690057720145UoSiTf_fs.jpg

I remember the eerie feeling stopping the car (BTW guys, we rented a car in every port....the excursions are EXPENSIVE!!!!! For less than $30 each port, pre booked, 4 of us got to tour ANYWHERE we wanted. The rates JUMPED to $70 for those rented that day...supply and demand), and walking into the sea.

And the order of islands was amazing, each one more civilized than the last.

Kuaii, folowed by 2 stops on the big island, including a night view of the lava flowing into the ocean, then a 2 night stop in Maui, followed by a 2 night stop in Honolulu.

I have a can of "no fuddy duddy" spray at the ready, so no worries. :D :D

Too funny!

I've just sent off an email to Laura to follow-up on the pricing. I told her there are 30+ very anxious cruisers waiting to get prices and the go-ahead to start booking. :D

Anxious? Who's anxious :p

That's not just for CC groups. It's any groups.

I did a group cruise once. It was fun to do, and just passed the free berth group $$ savings to the group.

Prior to the cruise I was asked by Uncle Bob to report back to him what I thought of the new Platinum perks. I was visited daily by the hotel manager, invited to a private party serving top shelf drinks and hors d'oeuvers, with all the officers, captain, and CD in attendance to schmooze, and a bunch of other stuff.

I found out afterwards these were just on board perks for group leader, and UB was a little apologetic, informing me the VIP perks had not yet rolled out on that particular ship.

But this was SO MUCH BETTER than when I saw what the VIP perks actually were the follwoing year.

:):)

Thanks for the heads up.... a "renting" we will do !!!!

Yes it is.

First off, I was surprised at the lump in my throat, seeing land after 5 1/2 days at sea. It was overwhelming, and then seeing all that lushness, it was just amazing. And then getting BEAUTIFUL fresh leis, and a kiss from a local, in traditional accoutrements.

2391226690057720145UoSiTf_fs.jpg

I remember the eerie feeling stopping the car (BTW guys, we rented a car in every port....the excursions are EXPENSIVE!!!!! For less than $30 each port, pre booked, 4 of us got to tour ANYWHERE we wanted. The rates JUMPED to $70 for those rented that day...supply and demand), and walking into the sea.

And the order of islands was amazing, each one more civilized than the last.

Kuaii, folowed by 2 stops on the big island, including a night view of the lava flowing into the ocean, then a 2 night stop in Maui, followed by a 2 night stop in Honolulu.

You definitely did the right thing...I liked the schedule when it was 2 nights in Maui and 2 in Honolulu...with your review and tour you are so set to make another cruise..and definitely land vacations.

I know that photo is the the one in front of Canyon on wet side ..{I think}...could be several places there. Another lessor travelling sis had her Honeymoon there at that big Marriott with killer pool close to Poipu.

I loved your Bermuda posts too..think that may have some of the safer feel and tropical bliss etc quotient as Hawaii yet the fun cultural difference. Thanks for photos and posts from there. That is cool you arranged a lei greeting..my college buddies from there brought mountains of them to us in 1979..coming home from my grandfolks trip and all our first trip. Our family had never relaxed and bonded like that before..it is simply the "heart of the US"..so glad you loved it.

It is always in you now..that aloha.

Sincerely, Sarah

I''m back from camping.....and no prices yet. This is really killing me.:) Guess we have to wait until next week. We won't hear anything over the weekend will we?

No but Sandy may have an email when she gets home :) She is on the west coast so it is still early there:).....

Fingers crossed in Florida :D

I''m back from camping.....and no prices yet. This is really killing me. Guess we have to wait until next week. We won't hear anything over the weekend will we?

No but Sandy may have an email when she gets home She is on the west coast so it is still early there:).....

Fingers crossed in Florida

What's that I hear????? The sound of hula dancers???

Hula_girl_3.gif

WE HAVE PRICES!!!!! :D:D

Okay, I can't post prices here, so until Laura sets us up with our forum in the Member Cruises section, if you want to know the prices and booking info, please email me at luckysll@shaw.ca.

Now, before you go crashing my computer with requests :D, please read the following:

The prices are for guaranteed cabins in the specified categories. Other categories are available, but you will have to contact the CC TA for pricing. Booking any other cabin or category through the TA means you are part of the group and will receive the amenities.

The prices INCLUDE all port charges, taxes and fees.

We do have a reduced depost of $25 per person, but that only applies if you book a guaranteed cabin in one of the categories. To get any other category, to choose your specific cabin now or if you are booking single, triple or quad, the full deposit will need to be paid.

The group's amenities include:

$100 OBC per cabin

Champagne and chocolates

1 bottle of white wine

Cruise Critic Pins (one per person)

Additional Discount on all other Cruise Critic logo items

So.....on your mark.....get set......email me!!! :D

What's that I hear????? The sound of hula dancers???

Hula_girl_3.gif

WE HAVE PRICES!!!!! :D:D

Okay, I can't post prices here, so until Laura sets us up with our forum in the Member Cruises section, if you want to know the prices and booking info, please email me at luckysll@shaw.ca.

Now, before you go crashing my computer with requests :D, please read the following:

The prices are for guaranteed cabins in the specified categories. Other categories are available, but you will have to contact the CC TA for pricing. Booking any other cabin or category through the TA means you are part of the group and will receive the amenities.

The prices INCLUDE all port charges, taxes and fees.

We do have a reduced depost of $25 per person, but that only applies if you book a guaranteed cabin in one of the categories. To get any other category, to choose your specific cabin now or if you are booking single, triple or quad, the full deposit will need to be paid.

The group's amenities include:

$100 OBC per cabin

Champagne and chocolates

1 bottle of white wine

Cruise Critic Pins (one per person)

Additional Discount on all other Cruise Critic logo items

So.....on your mark.....get set......email me!!! :D

I sent you an email I cant wait for your reply

I love the dancer and I love it that I get the feeling you will be teaching us a new Hawaiian word each week

I sent you an email I cant wait for your reply

I love the dancer and I love it that I get the feeling you will be teaching us a new Hawaiian word each week

I have been thinking of a few other things Hawaii-related that I will try to do on this cruise. I'm so happy to get prices and know that this cruise is really going to happen. :D

I have been thinking of a few other things Hawaii-related that I will try to do on this cruise. I'm so happy to get prices and know that this cruise is really going to happen. :D

and I am so happy that you are our Leader especially getting to know you from the other board and what a wonderful job you are doing.

Really this is a job lets face it, its a lot of work you do for what you get.

I am also really happy that my DH said yes right away the first day you created the thread. I hope I can enjoy the Miracle one as much now, oh yeah my friend gave me two Hawaii tapes to watch from when she went. EEEEEEKKKKSSS 91 weeks who can stand it

Archived