How quick do ship EUROPEAN excursions sell out on ship?

Just curious, how quick do ship excursion sell out on the ship? Especially ROME. Do they normally sell out BEFORE sailing or is there time to book as soon as you get on the ship?

Thanks in afvance for any help. I searched the port threads and didn't find what I needed.

It really varies. On my last Med cruise we had booked a few ship excursions online before the cruise. RC is supposed to save some openings for booking onboard, but I don't know how many that is.

When we got onboard, we had a note in our cabin that one of our booked excursions was cancelled. We looked at the list and picked another one. I was the 4th person in the line when the excursion desk opened, but our second-choice excursion was already filled. We signed up for the waiting list for the second-choice and booked our third choice. Our second-choice one didn't have any cancellations so we ended up going on the third choice tour.

I've also had an email where a private tour had to cancel on me the day before our tour. Instead of trying to find another vendor, we decided to book something through the ship. Out first choice was still available.

Just curious, how quick do ship excursion sell out on the ship? Especially ROME. Do they normally sell out BEFORE sailing or is there time to book as soon as you get on the ship?

Thanks in afvance for any help. I searched the port threads and didn't find what I needed.

If there is a particular excursion you really want you should book in online in advance. If you don't care too much then take your chances and wait until you're on board.

Personally, I always book mine online the day they are released.

There's almost no downside to booking early. When we did Italy last year, many tours were sold out in advance. But, many were open. As an above poster said, it depends on how badly you want to take the tour. Ask yourself this, "If it sells out before I book it, will I be very disappointed and kicking myself for not booking sooner?" If yes, book now. If no, then wait if you are still trying to decide what you want to do.

We have been on Mediterranean cruises in 2008, 2009 and 2010. Availability to book on the ship varies with the number of excursions offered and the popularity of destinations. On all three cruises we booked well in advance. We saw long lines at the excursion desks on the first day and heard of many people who didn't get their first choice. We were happy to be in our cabin with our tickets in hand. If a destination really matters to you book in advance. You can read the cancellation policy and cancel later if you change your mind.

They leave about 30% to book on the ship but depending on the tour type that number will vary greatly. I have been on 12 person tours so that would be 4 people for or for 50 person tour that would be a much larger amount. If it is something you really want to do BOOK IT NOW!!! You can cancel on line up to 4 days before and then once on board 24 hours before. win/win

I just changed my mind re an excursion I'd booked on-line. I simply went on-line, hit "cancel," and a few seconds later, I was done. Excursion canceled, money refunded. It's very easy up until a few days before you sail (when you may need to do it on the ship).

I can echo that, on our Italy cruise, there were HUGE lines at the shore excursion desk almost every minute it was open. I think some people spent half of their cruise in that line.:eek: There are MUCH better ways to spend your days . . .

thanks everyone for your answers. it's actually for someone else who has ALOT of OBC & they ar trying to decide how to spend it. I will definately pass on your words. Hi Sue!!

Hey Brenda love the dog pic...tell your friends that they can cash many types of OBC out if it is leftover at the end of the cruise. How did they acquire it?

Hey Brenda love the dog pic...tell your friends that they can cash many types of OBC out if it is leftover at the end of the cruise. How did they acquire it?

my 4 year old golden retriever, she only ways a petite 100 pounds!!!!

thanks for the info on the obc, you're right, this is from price reduction after final payment. He just can't decide how to use it

my 4 year old golden retriever, she only ways a petite 100 pounds!!!!

thanks for the info on the obc, you're right, this is from price reduction after final payment. He just can't decide how to use it

Price reduction??? that is perfect, he can go and cash out the last night of the cruise as that is FULLY refundable. Just tell him to go to the pursers desk the last night and tell them he wants the leftover. Easy as pie. this is the info that was put out with the old price reduction policy pre May 17th. note the last question and answer, he may want to print off a copy to take with him

FAQs

What is the Price Guaranteeprice protection program?

If your customers book a cruise through you with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower fare advertised

by Royal Caribbean, we will honor that rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to the price

difference. For reservations outside of the final payment period, the onboard creditmay be replaced, upon request,

as a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund as applicable.

What should I do ifmy customer finds a lower rate?

Simply call a Royal Caribbean representative to have your guest’s onboard credit applied. There are no forms to fill

out. The adjustment will be made to their reservation. Onboard credits will be applied to the first and second guest

on the reservation for the full amount of the price difference unless otherwise requested at the time of application.

If you prefer, your guest will also be given the option of upgrading their stateroom based on availability and price

paid. Outside of final payment period, they also have the option to have their price reduced to the lower rate,

however commission will not be protected in this case.

When can Imake a reservation for my guest?

Anytime! Royal Caribbean’s Price Guaranteeprice protection applies anytime between booking and 72 hours prior

to sailing as long as they are eligible for the new lower rate. Use this programtomake their reservation early to give

your customer the best choice of staterooms and departures. That way you and your guest can rest easy knowing

that we will adjust their price should we lower our rates.

When can I call for Price Guarantee price protection?

Anytime between initial reservation and 72 hours prior to departure of the sailing. The new rate must be available

at the time of request for conversion and no conversions will be made after departure.

Are Groups bookings eligible to receive the Price Guarantee price protection?

Bookings that are part of an affinity or promotional group (non-contracted only) and that are both fully named and

depositedmay take advantage of the Price Guarantee price protection program. However, price protection will not

be available within 70 days of the sailing date if payment in full has not been received for the applicable booking

within the group.

Are the Onboard Credits refundable if not used onboard?

Yes, the onboard credits are refundable..

What are the Terms & Conditions for Individual and Qualifying Group Bookings?

Programapplies only to individual bookings or to affinity and promotional group bookings (non-contracted)made

in the fifty U.S. states and Canada. For individual berths within a qualifying group booking, the guest booked at a

higher fare can receive the difference between that fare and a lower fare advertised or offered by the applicable

Cruise Line in the form of an onboard cruise credit. For reservations outside of final payment period, upon request

the difference will be refunded back to the original payment source. Requests for adjustments must be received by

the cruise line at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled sailing date for the cruise. The lower fare must be a)

available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current booking; b) available at the time

the request for rate conversion is made; and c) a rate program that is not limited to new bookings only. If the lower

rate is available under any of the following special price programs, it shall not be available under the Price

Guarantee program: Royal Sales Event; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs.

The Price Guarantee program does not apply to any charter arrangements nor does it apply to any space that sold

to a third party for resale. Travel Agent commission will not be protected on reductions in cruise fare that result in

an onboard credit or refund. Price Guarantee does not apply to government taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement

charges. The Price Guarantee program may be discontinued or modified at any time without prior notice and shall

be void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law.

©2009 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas. MK09015983b

GUARANTEE

PRICE

Price reduction??? that is perfect, he can go and cash out the last night of the cruise as that is FULLY refundable. Just tell him to go to the pursers desk the last night and tell them he wants the leftover. Easy as pie. this is the info that was put out with the old price reduction policy pre May 17th. note the last question and answer, he may want to print off a copy to take with him

thanks Sue. been doing this only since November & there is soooooooooooooooooo much to learn & remember. Appreciate your help

Archived