Back from the best cruise ever! Club Mariner, butlers, excursions, oh my!

rxlowry

We are finally home after an unexpected overnight in Toronto. Our flight was cancelled because the pilot couldn't get through customs. Other than that, it was wonderful!

Our stateroom was gorgeous. Our stewardess kept it practically sterile it was so clean! It was a nice treat having breakfasts and canapes delivered each evening by our butler. The service everywhere was top notch.

Our daughter LOVED Club Mariner. She was in the 5-8 year old group. One of the best things was that they had dinner each evening with a movie before an evening activity. The dinners had different themes each night. Suki really spoiled them with Shirley Temples, floats and treats. I can post the activities and dinners they offered if anyone is interested in seeing them.

I was a bit disappointed in the entertainment. The shows were only the Jean Ann Ryan review shows. We don't really enjoy that style of show. I would have liked a duo or band in the evenings instead of just the orchestra or piano. There wasn't much dancing opportunities. We love to ballroom dance and the orchestra played some very strange songs.

The tours were great. We did the Sea Otter tour in Sitka, Helicopter glacier in Juneau, zip lining and gold panning in Skagway. We cancelled the crab feast in Ketchikan as we arrived late and wanted to hit the stores for some shopping.

I noticed no considerable vibration. Yes it does vibrate but in my opinion just enough to remind you that you are on a ship!

The train down from Anchorage was lovely as well. We had some time to explore Anchorage and went to the museum. That was a great time. I would highly recommend it if you have a morning to kill in Anchorage. (Probably one of the best kid's science sections I've seen...adults were enjoying it)

Ask away any questions as I have the Club Mariner schedules as well as the dailies for the rest of the ship.

How far in advance did you book your excursions in order to get your first choice ? As for the vibrations on Navigator on what deck was your suite and where was the location?

We booked our excursions within a week of when they were first available to book online.

We were in suite 904. We spent a lot of time on the aft as well in the 2 lounges and La Veranda. The vibration is no more than I would expect from a ship that size (or even larger). With the complaints here, I expected it to be out of the ordinary.

We had 501 passengers and the ship never seemed crowded even La Veranda and Compass Rose.

We booked our excursions within a week of when they were first available to book online.

We were in suite 904. We spent a lot of time on the aft as well in the 2 lounges and La Veranda. The vibration is no more than I would expect from a ship that size (or even larger). With the complaints here, I expected it to be out of the ordinary.

We had 501 passengers and the ship never seemed crowded even La Veranda and Compass Rose.

I suppose the vibration and crowds are subjective. Some people have little to no tolerance for the aft vibration of either the Voyager or Navigator while others feel as you do -- that it is normal. Actually, the hull of the ship is not one typically used for a passenger cruise liner. . . Regent has spent millions of dollars to make it as stable as she currently is.

In terms of crowds, we had 490 (approx.) on our cruise last month and several areas felt crowded at times. The theater on some evenings was particularly crowded as was La Veranda on sea days. IMO, the Navigator is just about perfect at 400 passengers.

I suppose the vibration and crowds are subjective. Some people have little to no tolerance for the aft vibration of either the Voyager or Navigator while others feel as you do -- that it is normal. Actually, the hull of the ship is not one typically used for a passenger cruise liner. . . Regent has spent millions of dollars to make it as stable as she currently is.

After having sailed 107 nights on about 11 different ships my thought on the vibration issue is that if you are in the category of having little to no tolerance for a vibration such as is felt on the Navigator then you would fall into the landlubber category and might be better off spending your vacations other than on a ship.

Chris

(2nd half of the Rxlowrys)

I was on this cruise also and was SPECTACULAR!! Sorry I missed you Lisa. Calving at Hubbard Glacier was very active and sensational. We were able to get up very close, within the legal limit. Loved Paul Reynolds, the cruise director. Really interacted with everyone and had the fortunate honor to dine with him. After doing this four times previously, this was by far the best!! The Tracy Arm excursion was wonderful as got to go to both North and South Sawyers Glaciers. Saw Orcas next to our catamarran and three bears. Service was OUTSTANDING! Just incredible. Everyone I encountered raved about this trip. Think I'm even talked into ziplining in Skagway next year. Great passengers, great crew!!

Barb

Archived