Radisson Edwardean Heathrow

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Edwardean on Bath Rd just beside Heathrow Airport. We decided to fly in a day earlier before heading to Southhampton. I am curious to know the best was to get to the hotel from the airport and also to go back to the airport the next day to catch our prebooked transport to Southampton. Any suggestions what to do after we have rested. Does anyone know what time the Princess transport arrives at the airport to collect passengers. Thanks

Any suggestions what to do after we have rested.
Do you have any particular reason to stay at the airport (other than the fact that you've booked a transfer from the airport to the dock)?

If you don't, why stay at the airport at all? If you stay in central London, it's easy to get from central London to Southampton under your own steam the next day, and you can see some sights when you have recovered some energy.

If you're determined to stay at that hotel, about the most exciting thing to do is to ask for a plane-spotters room and watch aircraft take-off and land for hours on end. Hauling into central London and then hauling back out to the hotel again later in the evening is possible, but not exactly delightful.

Thanks for the reply.

We have already booked the hotel.

This is the first cruise for either of us and learning as we go along.

We figured we would be wrung out from the long plane ride, especially with arthritic joints, so wanted to "energize" before we started our cruise.

We weren't thinking of any big sightseeing just wondered if there was anything in the area that might prove interesting.

Shopping is always on the adgenda of course.

We weren't thinking of any big sightseeing just wondered if there was anything in the area that might prove interesting.

Shopping is always on the adgenda of course.

Sorry, no interesting shopping anywhere close by.

I think that the only interesting place reasonably nearby is probably Windsor. It might be less energetic to sightsee there for a few hours than to do so in town.

Can you cancel your hotel reservation? Or is it a pre-paid non-refundable reservation?

We have always stayed around the Heathrow area except for one time. We have stayed next to your hotel at the Marriott in the past, several times but now stay at the Sofitel which is inside T-5. You can catch a city bus outside of your hotel (not the Hotel Hoppa bus) to Hatton Cross station and then take the underground into central London for shopping and/or restaurants. The only place to eat close to where you are staying is a McDonalds which will do in a pinch (just to fuel up to get your energy back from that long flight across the pond). Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you for the info.

I don't think we will be up to doing too much anyway or venture too far away.

I am a very light sleeper so probably will be lucky if I even snooze on the way over.

I was looking at an Heathrow airport site that I found and surprising enough there are quite a few shops there but they will probably be overly priced but perhaps good for a bit of browsing.

Thanks again.

I was looking at an Heathrow airport site that I found and surprising enough there are quite a few shops there but they will probably be overly priced but perhaps good for a bit of browsing.
I think you will find that most of the shops are in airside departures, to which you will not have access. The shops at the airport that are accessible to a non-flying visitor are really not very interesting:-

Terminal 1

American Express

Boots

Excess Baggage Company

Rolling Luggage

Travelex

WHSmith

Terminal 3

American Express

Boots

Excess Baggage Company

Glorious Britain

Post Office

Rolling Luggage

Tie Rack

Travelex

Voyager Entertainment

WHSmith

Terminal 4

American Express

Excess Baggage Company

Travelex

WHSmith

Terminal 5

Accessorize

Boots

Excess Baggage Company

Rolling Luggage

Spectrum Interactive

Thomas Cook

Travelex

Vodafone

WHSmith

There are lots of buses on Bath Rd so ask at the hotel about the routes and numbers. You can catch the bus to Hounslow which has regular shops. Alternatively catch a bus to Windsor. Don't waste your time at the airport.

We stayed at the Radisson Edwardean on our previous London trip and found it very convenient to Heathrow. There is a city bus stop in front of the hotel for Windsor Castle. We will be on the same British Isle cruise August 10th but have added the Ring of Kerry cruisetour beginning August 6th in Shannon. Post cruise we will again stay at the Radisson and visit Windsor. :):):)

Archived