Smoking in staterooms

chimpanzoid

I can't believe this thread is still going. Everyone keeps saying the same things over and over, with some being very nasty. If you have a complaint about the Princess policy then by all means tell Princess. Complaining on these boards will not change anything. We all cruise to have fun, not change the world.

Yes I smoke! I get tired of hearing "I am going to die and my unhealthy, dirty, smelly, disgusting habit is offending to you", while you stuff yourself with chocolate, pastries, and food, food and more food. I wouldn't dream of telling you to stop eating and lose weight because it is unhealthy.

Let's just enjoy our cruises together and chill out and stop preaching.

It's not "preaching." Perhaps you are unaware of those of us who have environmental allergies, including to cigaratte smoke. It's a health issue, and a comfort issue.

It's also a money issue. Cruises are expensive. An analogy is going out to dinner at a very expensive French Restaurant, and being seated in the back alley next to car exhaust.

It's also a safety issue. An inconsiderate person tossing a cigarette butt overboard ignited a fire killing a person and injuring others and disrupting the lives of thousands of people.

Two yrs ago, we had a problem with the A/C in our inside cabin on the Coral Princess (Alaska). After they tried to fix it without success, they offered to move us to a midship balcony on Aloha deck. Great you say? So did we, but when we went to see the cabin, it reeked like stale cigarettes. I mean really reeked. It was so bad that the Purser conceded that they probably would not be able to resolve it without removing all linens, drapes and carpeting. So we actually declined the free upgrade & stayed in our steamy inside cabin. We ended up getting a nice future cruise credit from Princess.

I just think it is funny that you can smoke in bed, but can't brew your own coffee or iron your own clothes for "fire safety reasons"

Can we say oxymoron here? That is so ridiculous. So if I were a smoker I could smoke like a chimney in my cabin but not bring an iron to press my clothes? Shaking my head here.

I can't believe this thread is still going. Everyone keeps saying the same things over and over, with some being very nasty. If you have a complaint about the Princess policy then by all means tell Princess. Complaining on these boards will not change anything. We all cruise to have fun, not change the world.

Yes I smoke! I get tired of hearing "I am going to die and my unhealthy, dirty, smelly, disgusting habit is offending to you", while you stuff yourself with chocolate, pastries, and food, food and more food. I wouldn't dream of telling you to stop eating and lose weight because it is unhealthy.

You really don't see the difference, do you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifra viewpost.gif

You really don't see the difference, do you?

Denial runs deep.

Denial runs deep.

So true. Smoking is really nothing more than a drug addiction and addicts will say or do anything to defend their addiction. Why is it that smokers are constantly trying to assert that non smokers are overeating, gorging on chocolate and bathing in gallons of stinky perfumes-like there is an equivalency there? LOL!

I agree that Princess needs to become more progressive with it's smoking policies. Having to change out drapes, carpets and all the extra cleaning because of smokers is ridiculous and costly.

Two yrs ago, we had a problem with the A/C in our inside cabin on the Coral Princess (Alaska). After they tried to fix it without success, they offered to move us to a midship balcony on Aloha deck. Great you say? So did we, but when we went to see the cabin, it reeked like stale cigarettes. I mean really reeked. It was so bad that the Purser conceded that they probably would not be able to resolve it without removing all linens, drapes and carpeting. So we actually declined the free upgrade & stayed in our steamy inside cabin. We ended up getting a nice future cruise credit from Princess.

a little typo...

so far I have been referred to as disgusting, an addict and told I need to sail in the life boat as I don't deserve to be around the clean living group of saints on here. Well folks, you are the EXACT reason I will NOT approach my neighbor on our next cruise to insure they do not have a problem. THanks for helping me make up my mind! Who wants to be harrassed and verbally abused. Reminds me of the temperance movement (yes folks alcohol kills innocent bystanders!!!) -- think about what you are saying -- history tells us that zealots are rarely right.

If you chose to continue, here are some ideas from your revered ancestors:

Prohibitionists often advocated strong measures against those who did not comply with Prohibition (1920-1933). One suggested that the government distribute poisoned alcohol beverages through bootleggers (sellers of illegal alcohol) and acknowledged that several hundred thousand Americans would die as a result, but thought the cost well worth the enforcement of Prohibition. Others suggested that those who drank should be:

hung by the tongue beneath an airplane and flown over the country

exiled to concentration camps in the Aleutian Islands

excluded from any and all churches

forbidden to marry

tortured

branded

whipped

sterilized

tattooed

placed in bottle-shaped cages in public squares

forced to swallow two ounces of caster oil

executed, as well as their progeny to the fourth generation. 9

on it goes, like a Hamster in a wheel...Asthma, allergies yadda, yadda as if no-one came upon the situation in everyday life. How do they manage ashore, some cruise stops there are smokers everywhere.

I think Cruise Critic should have it's very own (NON) smoking section. There are currently at least 3 running across the boards all saying the same thing, all having very nasty posts. New ones springing up weekly.

Non-smoker but if I were and paid for a balcony I would puff away whenever I wanted, all that downwind, big wide ocean, must be gone in a blink.

I think Cruise Critic should have it's very own (NON) smoking section. There are currently at least 3 running across the boards all saying the same thing, all having very nasty posts. New ones springing up weekly.

That is the best suggestion yet!!! :D

Archived