best lines for European cruise?

palavra

We are interested in a European cruise in 2011 or 2012. Our first choice would be an Eastern Mediterranean cruise, but we will consider other areas too. Which lines specialize in European cruises, and which lines are particularly good for children (8-10)?

IMHO there is really not "best" for someone else that might be "best" for you.

Med/Europe is really all about the ports and everyone likely has different favorites for different reasons. Between the numerous ports, embarkation/disembarkation ports some round trip some one way then you add schedule, price and little other things you get many different bests.

I would suggest building a list of the ports you'd most like to see and sights in each. Some ports are actually a long drive from the attractions so a 10-12 hour port stay could have 2-3 hours of travel time. Budget also comes into play as some ports really require either ambitious DIY or private tours to get the most out of them. After getting your list of favorite 5 or 10 ports find the ships/lines that meet your need.

A good site to read up on ports and options is here: http://www.europeportreviews.com/

It can be fun and overwhelming in planning but that is sometimes part of the fun.

Good luck

We are interested in a European cruise in 2011 or 2012. Our first choice would be an Eastern Mediterranean cruise, but we will consider other areas too. Which lines specialize in European cruises, and which lines are particularly good for children (8-10)?

There are many cruise lines that sail in the Mediterranean. A couple of good ones for Chilldren are Princess and RCI. Our first cruise of the Mediterranean was with Princess when our children were close to the ages of your children and we were very pleased with the cruise and our children were equally so.

Keith

We are interested in a European cruise in 2011 . Me and my wife it her 50th birthday

Need help with what cruise ship, when is a good time to book we are thinking July 2011, What cabin or floor? Cost...

any info would Help

Thanks

Welcome to CC,

Take a look at my earlier response, I really think you got this thing more backwards IMHO.

0) Budget: Figure out your excursion expenses, they can easily run 150/person/port for many if you want the best options.

1) Ports: Pick the port line up you want and find the list of ships that hit them.

2) Schedule: Pick the schedule with airfare, cabins availability that meets your budget

3) Cabin class on the ship

4) Floor.

YOu can have the best cabin on the best floor but if you focus on ship and pick say Disney because you love the mouse and it misses 3 out of your top dream ports or end up not being able to pay for the best port excursion then did you not waste all the money ?

Happy planning

We are interested in a European cruise in 2011 . Me and my wife it her 50th birthday

Need help with what cruise ship, when is a good time to book we are thinking July 2011, What cabin or floor? Cost...

any info would Help

Thanks

We have cruised the Mediterranean 3 times and I would say our most favorite was Royal Caribbean. But then again, we liked RCCL for other cruises. We also liked NCL as they do have some nice ships. It really comes down to the cruise ship and itenary. The newer ships are by far the best. If you can find a "new" ship then take that one as it will have more options. Now on your itenary, we really liked the cruise that started in Rome and traveled to Greece, Turkey and Egypt. Once-in-a-lifetime trip. The Greek islands, especially Santorini, are wonderful. We also like the cruise from Rome to Venice. Its also stops in Greece and Dubrovnic.

My recommendation is that you stay with an American cruise line like RCCL or NCL. The food is more what you are use to and they use dollars and speak English. If you pick a another line (like a Greek) then you may be using Euro's... will cost you much more for things.

Have a Great Cruise.

Site Reference:

www.*****

Archived