Luggage delivery?

LuckyDogsV&E

Has anyone shipped their luggage ahead of a cruise? If so who would I contact to do that? We are going on a long cruise and I think I would like to do that so I would not have to worry about checking so much luggage at the airport.

We live in Fl and are sailing from Seattle>

Vie

It all depends on the cruise line. Some will allow you to ship, and others have a definite "no shipped luggage" policy. Which cruise line are you on?

The only lines that I know who have shipping policies are the luxury lines like Seabourn, Cunard, Crystal, Silversea and Radisson. We tried to ship luggage for a 12 day cruise on Celebrity, and they absolutely did not allow it. I've shipped bags for a 35 day Crystal cruise with no problem. I used Fed Ex and then went through Crystal's local port agent in Sydney. I shipped for another Crystal cruise out of Southampton and used their shipping agent in London, again using Fed Ex with no problem. It is very expensive to ship---over $250 per bag one way, and the charge goes higher depending on the weight and size of the bags and the destination. But the big thing is, you have to find out if the cruise line you're going on will allow you to ship your bags.

Archived