Laminate Luggage Tags?

Cruzwthme

Ours didn't get sent in time so I just printed my own from the cruise documents and then bought a cheap role of laminating film from a dollar store and attached them using long tie wraps - also from dollar store..worked great. Still have the one on my laptop case that I carry every day - nice reminder til that next cruise....

I always put an 8 x 11 sheet of paper inside the suitcase with our itinerary. It includes hotel, cell phone number, name of the ship and date for each port. If the luggage gets lost, there's a chance it might "catch up to me." We accidently took a piece of luggage that wasn't ours at the pier when we disembarked in Miami one year. It was exactly like ours (there were 8 of us traveling together). We didn't realize until we were inside the garage at home and each family was getting their luggage to load into their car. We had a lone suitcase with no tag. We opened the suitcase (yes, it was unlocked), and there was nothing to identify the owner. We called RCCL and it took them over a week to get instructions to us. We would have loved to call the owner to apologize and ask how we could get the luggage to them. We felt horrible. RCCL never let us know if teh luggage ever got back to the owner.

I have been on several RCCL cruises and I always laminate my luggage tags. After the cruise I keep one in my scrap book and I always know what cruise - Date- and Cabin I had. I think that they are neater and easier to read. So far I have never had any of my luggage lost. Knock on wood.

Archived