Late Deals for Solos?

I am now on holiday for the next 7 weeks (I work in schools), but am now going to be on my lonesome for the whole time as hubby is working away. It has crossed my mind to maybe book myself on an extra little cruise for a week for something to do! :D

Looking on the Thomson website there seems very little availability left for a single traveller though, and of course travelling solo always seems so expensive to me anyway! Really just wondering if there is/can be such a thing as a late deal for a solo traveller? Anyone had any experience or got any tips?

I don't think you will find anything on the Thomsons site but you might have some luck if you phone Thomsons direct. Last year on Spirit a solo cruiser did just that 2 weeks before the cruise and when told there were no single cabins available asked if they could have a double at a single price. After some consulatation with management the answer was yes!

I don't know what he paid though.

I am now on holiday for the next 7 weeks (I work in schools), but am now going to be on my lonesome for the whole time as hubby is working away. It has crossed my mind to maybe book myself on an extra little cruise for a week for something to do! :D

Looking on the Thomson website there seems very little availability left for a single traveller though, and of course travelling solo always seems so expensive to me anyway! Really just wondering if there is/can be such a thing as a late deal for a solo traveller? Anyone had any experience or got any tips?

Ring Thomson direct or Cruisedeals in Swansea which owned by Thomson and ask. That will be the best way of getting a deal.

My daughter & I booked 2 single cabins a couple of years ago on the Celebration and it was a very big mistake, as the single cabins are on deck 2 at the back of the ship and so noisy that we couldn't sleep at all.

After complaining we were eventually moved to deck 1, midships, into a double cabin each, but I didn't like being so far down the ship.

I wouldn't advise anyone to book a single cabin, so perhaps its lucky that you can't get one!!

My daughter & I booked 2 single cabins a couple of years ago on the Celebration and it was a very big mistake, as the single cabins are on deck 2 at the back of the ship and so noisy that we couldn't sleep at all.

After complaining we were eventually moved to deck 1, midships, into a double cabin each, but I didn't like being so far down the ship.

I wouldn't advise anyone to book a single cabin, so perhaps its lucky that you can't get one!!

A friend of mine , first time cruiser, booked a single cabin on the Spirit in April. She was really upset when she saw it. Nothing like the picture in the brochure, back of the ship, very noisy. She asked at reception to be moved and was asked to pay £150 to move to a twin cabin. She told reception staff how upset she was that she couldn't sleep for the engine noise. After two days of negotiations she agreed to pay £100 to move to a twin cabin. The first two days of her one week holiday were completely spoiled.

She wrote to Thomson on her return, after the usual twenty eight days it takes them to reply, they totally dismissed her comments.

Her first and last cruise with Thomson.

The good news is she has booked her next cruise with P&O and it's cheaper than Thomson.

Archived