Future Cruise Credit Certificates

CB42

We are planning on booking a Carnival cruise on the Freedom in the near future and I would like to purchase and use a future cruise credit certificate to be able to get the OBC. I've never purchased any before and wondered if they are transferable or is a name put on them at time of purchase? If the name must be put on at time of purchase I would be interested in have someone cruising in the near future purchase one for us and of course we'd prepay. If you would be interested in doing this for us, Please reply and we can work out the details. Serious replies only please. Thanks

I just purchased a Future Cruise Certificate on our Dream Cruise. It is charged to your sail and sign card and has the name of the person in that cabin on it. It states on the back that it is non-transferable :( sorry It does not say anything about purchasing a certificate for someone else, only that the person purchasing it has to comply with the terms and conditions of the Passage Contract Ticket. :confused:

The certs were delivered to my cabin on the last night, with my name typed in. I believe that they take the persons name from the corresponding folio, so I believe that it's a "no-go" on buying them for someone else.

Sorry, I'm new to the certificates. So I pay $100 on my current cruise, I get $100 off my future cruise and $100 OBC on that future cruise also, correct? So it's like spending $100 now, but getting $200 later, right?

We are planning on booking a Carnival cruise on the Freedom in the near future and I would like to purchase and use a future cruise credit certificate to be able to get the OBC. I've never purchased any before and wondered if they are transferable or is a name put on them at time of purchase? If the name must be put on at time of purchase I would be interested in have someone cruising in the near future purchase one for us and of course we'd prepay. If you would be interested in doing this for us, Please reply and we can work out the details. Serious replies only please. Thanks

Carnival has thought this threw...you wont be able to purchase one unless you go on a cruise and buy one yourself....

Sorry, I'm new to the certificates. So I pay $100 on my current cruise, I get $100 off my future cruise and $100 OBC on that future cruise also, correct? So it's like spending $100 now, but getting $200 later, right?

In a nutshell that is all correct, but the amount of the OBC credit will depend on the length of your next cruise. Here are the conditions on the Future cruise certificate :

1."This certificate is valid for up to 200$ US dollars only on CCL and can only be used as a credit on board a Carnival ship. OBC credit amount of up to 50$ per stateroom on a 3-5 day cruise, up to 75$ per stateroom on a 6 day cruise, up to 100$ per stateroom on a 7-8 day cruise and up to 200$ per staterom on a cruise 12 days or longer. Single occupancy bookings receive half of the OBC amount."

2. Certificate is non-transferable

3. Only one certificate is redeemable per stateroom.

4. The recipient of this certificate must be 21 years of age or older....

5. Reservations must be made in advance and are subject to availability.

6. Changes to the reservation may be permitted, subject to availability, other restrictions and any applicable cancellation charges.

7. This certificate is not replaceable and has no value if lost, stolen, altered, destroyed, expired, photocopied or reproduced in any way.

8. Tells where it needs to be mailed (has to be certified which costs alot if you are not mailing from USA...)

9. May not be used to pay for games of chance or similar activities, it cannot be used to pay for gratuities.

10. This certificate is not redeemable for cash. It is void if sold for cash or other considerations.

11. Any tax liability, including disclosure, connected with the receipt or use of this certificat is the recipient's responsibility.

the rest are typical blablabla.....

Hope this helps!!

Carnival has thought this threw...you wont be able to purchase one unless you go on a cruise and buy one yourself....

This is correct. I inquired about this on the Liberty last year. I had full info of the person who was not sailing at the time including past guest # etc but I was only able to purchase for myself.....charged to my S&S and delivered to my cabin.

Yes, it is assigned to the buyer and is non transferrable....we actually had to book my husband and one of our kids in one cabin and myself and the other kid in another cabin to be able to use both certs we bought on our last cruise (each of us bought one in our names). It was a hassle to say the least, but they have been applied and all is well.

Thank you all for your replies. I didn't know they were non-transferable since they were not offered on our cruise this past January on the Inspiration. Once again thanks for taking the time to reply, Guess we'll just wait till our next cruise and buy a couple. "Happy Crusin" to all of you.

• 4 months later...
I wish I knew about these. I just got off the Imagination abour a week ago and I am planning on booking a cruise on the DREAM this week. :(

I could have used them.

Hang out on the Carnival boards more?? Someone bumps up a old thread or starts a new one almost every day.

Sorry you didnt know to buy one. :( .. next time.

Archived