Please focus on the positives for the Epic

I understand that some people did not like this or that on the Epic but I am finding the reviews posted by some here just way too one-sided like they are trying to tarnish NCL and the Epic. I am disappointed how some people go on and on about the rooms and the bathrooms and the fact their phone or TV was off..Yada Yada.. I love the video our own CC editor did and it was well done and very positive. Please keep in mind that NCL has never run a ship of this size and the first voyage is not going to be perfect. I was pleased to see some very good reviews from folks in the review section of this site but also felt some were posting bad reviews for some unknown agenda. This ship may not be for everyone but come on you cannot tell me that you had such a horrible time that you could not say anything good about it!:eek: Some of us here would love the opportunity to be able to go on this ship but due to economic reasons cannot at this time. To have people be so negative about a beautiful new ship and great entertainment and great staff is beyond me. Those of you who are cruising in the future, when you review this ship, please give us your take on the positives. I look forward to reading them.;)

Thank you for this post.

I just replied to the "Epic disappointment" thread and I am just sick to my stomach over all the negative reviews. I have never cruised before, and my husband finally convinced me after 16 years of marriage to go on one. Now I am dreading it. I feel like we made a bad choice based on so many "expert cruiser" reviews that are so negative. When I first found this site, I was so looking forward to my 1st cruise ever after getting so much positive feedback and great advice. Now I am fearful I just flushed all my money down the toilet for a cruise that people are bashing. :(

People are making it sound like this is a dark, dingy, cramped ship filled with people smoking like a chimney, leaving little fresh air on a ship that affords very little ocean views. I'm just bummed right now.

Thank you for this post.

I just replied to the "Epic disappointment" thread and I am just sick to my stomach over all the negative reviews. I have never cruised before, and my husband finally convinced me after 16 years of marriage to go on one. Now I am dreading it. I feel like we made a bad choice based on so many "expert cruiser" reviews that are so negative. When I first found this site, I was so looking forward to my 1st cruise ever after getting so much positive feedback and great advice. Now I am fearful I just flushed all my money down the toilet for a cruise that people are bashing. :(

People are making it sound like this is a dark, dingy, cramped ship filled with people smoking like a chimney, leaving little fresh air on a ship that affords very little ocean views. I'm just bummed right now.

I Promise that you will love it.

We did our first cruise 18 months ago and apart from one fantastic holiday to Thailand last October every holiday since has been a cruise. We have done 5 and our approaching our 6th within less than 2 years since we started !

It's addictive I warn you !

I Promise that you will love it.

We did our first cruise 18 months ago and apart from one fantastic holiday to Thailand last October every holiday since has been a cruise. We have done 5 and our approaching our 6th within less than 2 years since we started !

It's addictive I warn you !

You are awesome! Thank you for your response.

I am changing my attitude towards all of this, and need to keep reminding myself that people indeed will have different opinions, and I need to just go into this trip happy, excited, and thankful that my husband and I are able to get out on the open seas and experience something new & different together. :D

I appreciate both the positive & negative comments!

Limiting posts to just positive comments is not what this type of venue is about!

I've had certain expectations about my upcoming Epic cruise, some have been "adjusted" due to negative reviews but I will not let those negative reviews "adjust" my attitude.

I take in all the info, but in the end I'll make up my own mind!

I am still looking forward to this cruise. I WILL have a good time. If some of the negative things turn out to be better than described then I will be pleasantly surprised!

I appreciate both the positive & negative comments!

Limiting posts to just positive comments is not what this type of venue is about!

I've had certain expectations about my upcoming Epic cruise, some have been "adjusted" due to negative reviews but I will not let those negative reviews "adjust" my attitude.

I take in all the info, but in the end I'll make up my own mind!

I am still looking forward to this cruise. I WILL have a good time. If some of the negative things turn out to be better than described then I will be pleasantly surprised!

Yes you are of course right but this forum has so far been mostly used for bashing the EPIC.

There MUST be SOME positives ?

I feel exactly the same way as iceman2a. Get all the reviews and then go and form your own opinion. And if the ship is at half capacity when I sail isn't it better? solves the issue of overcrowding.. I wonder if the bashing is done by the people who want to go but want to have the ship all to themselves :D

I was on the TA and had a great time!!!! The entertainment was phenomenal, the service superior, and the overall ambiance excellent.

I was in a studio cabin. It is a tight fit at best, but for sleeping it was just fine. Objectively, for an older person or one with mobility problems, the studio cabin could be a major problem. There is quite a large step to get into the shower area, the toilet area in quite small...in fact, if you are tall your knees will hit the wall. The light switch for over the sink is tucked away in back of a cubby...may be hard to reach. The "walkway" near the bed to get to the closet is very narrow.

I could see someone who has any physically compromising situations being quite frustrated and even disappointed.

Is this a negative review? Hardly. It is a concern for some who may consider the studio on the Epic.

Michael

Yes you are of course right but this forum has so far been mostly used for bashing the EPIC.

There MUST be SOME positives ?

And I have read some positives. Some in fact in direct conflict with some of the negatives. Who knows until we each experience for ourselves!

Ahh...but then you're a small fish in a small pond. In NCL's scenario, you're a big fish, in a big pond. Luxury ships don't have the amenities that the mega-ships do, which is the idea here.... enjoy life's luxuries, but ALSO get to play with all the toys.

Wow..... NOW your comments are in perspective. I understand how you could have a lousy cruise. The way it was posted at first sounded a lot more general, not specific to 9093 (or the need for a Rescue Room).

I'm guessing you didn't get a chance to join us at the meet & greet, or you would have called Klaus at 8888, or Sean at 8800. Either one would have ensured things were taken care of.

We knew going in, that the ship was sailing at 75% capacity, ostensibly to leave rooms available when a particular room had issues (such as 9093). The thing which is most disturbing is your being told that no other rooms were available.

I would write a letter including most of this detail, along with some of the things you liked (nobody likes hearing that their baby is ugly...unless you also compliment its outfit! ;) )

Your concerns seem both legitimate and verifiable, and in our experience when things have gone pear-shaped in the past, NCL has been more than fair in making amends.

We were at the M&G, met Klaus there and before that, in the Courtyard. We called his number on day 2 of trying to get our AC working. We tried calling him on and off for an hour and could never get thru. Just so you know--just having his number doesn't necessarily mean you can get him!

Thank you for this post.

Well, the good news is that if you have never cruised before, you won't know what other people have found missing.

To me, it sounds the complete antithesis of what I have enjoyed about several of my NCL cruises, notably on the now-reborn but departed NCL Crown. The lack of a library, quiet places or even ocean views pretty much goes with the ads for the ship that have been pushed here and elsewhere.

It seems to me to have been created more as a destination than as a conveyance. Which is fine for some, but certainly not for many others. Time will tell, and I'm sure the bean counters are far more interested than I am in the outcome.

And the he says

Now, I am only saying this in my message boards, not in an article or anything else. This is just between us and it really is not my place to speak for other people. I am just giving you a head’s up that you are going to see a fair amount of negative press about this show, despite what you heard from the cruise reporters on the Euro press trip.

Clearly us Euros Love it and it's the Americans that hate it

Then the ship may be fine when it is sailing in Europe but probably will draw complaints when it is sailing the Caribbean. Unless NCL's plan is to focus its marketing plans on European clients and ignore the largest segment of their demographic, the sinks will remain a problem for them. Once again we have to wonder why they allowed form to take precedence over function.

Then the ship may be fine when it is sailing in Europe but probably will draw complaints when it is sailing the Caribbean. Unless NCL's plan is to focus its marketing plans on European clients and ignore the largest segment of their demographic, the sinks will remain a problem for them. Once again we have to wonder why they allowed form to take precedence over function.

I believe the quote you posted by UK Cruiser is about the Cirque Dreams dinner show.

I believe the quote you posted by UK Cruiser is about the Cirque Dreams dinner show.

You are correct of course and I should have referenced other posts which claimed that the sinks are popular in Europe. My basic point, however, is that this style of sink is already drawing serious complaints from US passengers.:)

Archived