Just back from Wonder- any questions?

jnnifer01

I'll also say that Disney has the smoothest embarkation and disembarkation process of any cruise I've taken so far.

I loved it :D

Yeaj

h, why don't other cruiselines take a page out of DCL's book. I can't understand why it's so easy for DCL and so hard for every other CL!!

How early can you board the ship? Where should we head when we board? We will be traveling with our youngest who will be a year old at the time. We know we will need to get to Flounder's Reef to reserve our times for shore excursions. We are doing a REAS so we won't need to make our Palo's reservations. What about tips? Can you tip out ahead of time? Do we really need to tip as much for a one year old as we do for ourselves like it is recommended? How much should we plan total for tips? And finally, how is the weather? Will we need to pack some warmer clothes for a cruise the first week of April?

Thank you for any help you can give! This will be our first cruise ever and I want to be well prepared!!

Hi Bill. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance for a meet and greet. We had such a wonderful time, we're talking about the possibility of another Disney cruise this summer. This has been one of our best cruises yet.

SunFunCruiser, that is so right. The other cruise lines should follow Disney :D

Crunchy Mountain Mama, I think they were letting passengers board around 10 or 10:30 but we didn't get there until 11:30ish. People were coming in most of the day. It was the most relax and easy embarkation I've ever seen. As soon as we boarded, we went to our cabins to drop off our bags. They said they wouldn't be ready until 1 (I think), but we went by just to see and they were already done. Then we went to the Beach Blanket Buffet to have lunch and proceeded to the Oceaneers Club to register the kids. It didn't take very long to register them, maybe 10 minutes, if that. We didn't try Palo, but ate with the family each night in the rotational dining. I'm ashamed to say that I don't know about the tips. My DH handles that aspect, so I'm clueless. The weather should be much nicer in April. It was a bit chilly last weekend, but we still had a great time. You'll love it. Have fun!

I forgot to mention that they had free :D sodas at the beach blanket buffet and outside by the mickey pool (I think that's where it was), too.

I also liked the widely available handwipes that they handed out at each entrance to every restaurant. They also had everyone use hand gel before embarking and each time we boarded after being in port. I don't really think it kills all germs and viruses, but it can't hurt. :p

We had such a wonderful time, we're already trying to plan another trip this summer- so we can swim this time ;)

(it was really chilly on our sailing)

I also wanted to add that DH and I loved the tv line up. Everytime we were in our cabin, we had great Disney movies playing- we watched a lot of them. They also had ESPN, which DH liked.

The movie theater was a cool touch. We all went together after dinner one night to watch Ladder 49. Good movie, sad though. I wish every ship had a movie theater- I would go. The only downside was that the rows were narrow. I'm a small (5'6") person and if I were any taller, I'd be really uncomfortable. We sat in the very back row, so I'm not sure if every row was the same. It was great to have a movie theater experience on the ocean, though.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know :)

• 2 weeks later...

What is the schedule for the shows on the Disney Wonder? I know Disney Dreams is a must see and my DH and I really would like to book a romantic dinner at Palo's. I hate to schedule a dinner and then miss one of the best theater shows.:confused: Especially since DD(11) and DS(9) love all things Disney - even standing in front of the castle when it is 90 and sunny to watch a 15 minute show.:rolleyes:

To clarify, I am not new to cruising but I am planning to take my 13 year old daughter and my wife for a 3 night cruise on Disney in mid December. This will be my daughter's first cruise.

I would be happy to take any suggestions on where to book this, what type of room and any other things you can think of that will make my daughter's first time a wonderful experience. Thanks

To clarify, I am not new to cruising but I am planning to take my 13 year old daughter and my wife for a 3 night cruise on Disney in mid December. This will be my daughter's first cruise.

I would be happy to take any suggestions on where to book this, what type of room and any other things you can think of that will make my daughter's first time a wonderful experience. Thanks

If you would like a good TA that specializes in DCL, you can email me at Cheryl1106@aol.com. I have been using her for a long time and she is very fair and accomadtating, will even change your rate if a special comes out.

I love a Verandah and I'm spoiled by one, can't book a cruise without booking a verandah. The Naigators cabin (Cat.7) are the least expensive balcony cabins on DCL. They are partially enclosed and probably a good idea in Dec. They sleep 3, so in your case would work. I love it at night when teh rest of the family is sleeping or even in teh morning when they are still sleeping! lol

The teen club is called the stack, your daughter should have a great time there.

Hi all,

My DW and I are taking our three kids (18yr Boy, 17yr Girl and 12yr Boy) on the Wonder in July. This will be their first cruise and we are not planning on telling them about it till we see the ship at port. Figure it would be a nice surprise and they wouldn't be able to nag us about the cruise before hand. I've tried to hook up with other crusiers here on this web site but it seems that NOBODY is going on this cruise for C.C.

JNNIFER01, was there alot of things for teenagers to do on board. Figure my 12 yr old wouldn't be a problem, but the two older ones would be bored outta their minds. What shore excursions did you take? Was it worth it? Did u use the spa? Got a ton of questions, but drawing a blank here right now. Probably will think of one at 2 AM and stay awake thinking about it! Thanks in advance.

Hi.. The teens that I have seen on board on previous cruises seemed to be having a great time. At castaway Cay- ( the best island) there is an adult beach, a family beach and a teen beach. All separate.. There are usually lots of active excursions- snorkeling etc. if you. There is a teen only area on the ship also just as there is an adult area. The spa is really nice, one of the nicest I think. The gym and spa is adult only. I think they have a spa night where you get a couple of treatments and strawberries and champagne. But if you have early seating you might miss dinner, I forget what times they run that. pj

On the 3 day Wonder, the second night is Pirate night. We were in Titan's that night..bandana and all. The menu was excellent that night! Disney has the most casual dress code of any Cruise Line I've been on. Lot's of Capri's..not alot of tank tops though.

• 1 month later...

Hi,I enjoyed your post. Question??? Can you tell me about the theme nights such as Pirates Night. Are there other theme nights? I would like to prepare theme outfits etc. for the children. As i understand Pirates Night is the second night. What about the other nights? Thanks so much.:)

Archived