Taking any kind of drink on board ?????

TRIXON

Hi, a couple on our table bought some booze back in from an excursion and stupidly thought that if they wrapped it in a towel the scanner would not see it !!! der!! however, they were lucky the staff made some comment but let them through, normally though they confiscate it and give it back at the end of the cruise, it may be worth you purchasing the X1 package if its causing you some concern, we found that to be really good, you can have soft drinks over the lunch time if you want, and to be honest you are so full from eating and drinking in the restaurant that its hard to drink much more, if you are on 2nd sitting then you wont be out of the restaurant until about 11 ish

:eek:I didnt mean when going back onto the ship from an excursion. I meant putting drink in your cases on embarcation.

We dont drink a lot of wine and to buy the X1 package it would be £647 per person. COME ON this is abit over the top,:mad:

:eek:I didnt mean when going back onto the ship from an excursion. I meant putting drink in your cases on embarcation.

We dont drink a lot of wine and to buy the X1 package it would be £647 per person. COME ON this is abit over the top,:mad:

Taken from Costa UK Web site:

We would also like to inform you that, in line with the health and safety standards adopted by Costa Cruises for its Guests, it is forbidden to bring any kind of food or drink on board, in either hand baggage or cabin baggage. The only exceptions are toiletries (e.g. shampoo, bath foam, creams, etc.), liquid medicines, products or foods specifically made for babies, products or foods for certified special diets. The ban includes any food or drinks bought during stopovers in ports. Any local produce purchased on stop overswill be held in store on board the ship and returned to Guests at the end of the cruise.

Ron

Not sure how you get to 647 pound per person, how long you going for??? it cost us 134 per couple, works out just under 20 quid a day, and believe me 4 cokes will be nearly 20 quid never mind any beer, water or wine. Same applies for taking booze in your suitcases on embarkation still gets scanned - not allowed as per Rons reply

Not sure how you get to 647 pound per person, how long you going for??? it cost us 134 per couple, works out just under 20 quid a day, and believe me 4 cokes will be nearly 20 quid never mind any beer, water or wine. Same applies for taking booze in your suitcases on embarkation still gets scanned - not allowed as per Rons reply

We were quoted that figure by Costa. We are going for 18 days.

We dont drink a lot of wine we just like to have a drink in our cabin of an evening. The wine package would be a waste of money for us.

just given price by costa for 14 night caribbean on atlantica.......x1 £161 -soft drink op £96 this can only be used in buffet at lunch not mdr,and mdr on evening only................j2 £499 -soft drink op £209.........bottled water in room only !!!!! any one have current price of drinks on this ship,cant see me taking any of these................would be looking at £1000 for j2 for the two of us:(:confused:

if you look on pg25 of the 2011 brochure,x1 - unlimited drinks by the glass,(wine, beer,soft drinks) at lunch and dinner in the restaurants and buffets,order a glass of wine they bring a bottle,you can take this away with you.

I had 2 x ltr (plastic) bottles of Brandy in my checked luggage and that went on board no problem, 2 other members of our party had a litre of gin each and again no problem.

We also took the X1 and it is worth every penny. Our cruise was also 18 days and the X1 cost about £175 each - can't remember exactly. It covered beer, wine and soft drinks during lunch and evening meal. Lunch time it was valid in MDR or buffet, evening meal was MDR only as the buffet turned into a pizzeria at night and was therefore not a buffet.

We always have a bottle or two of Baily's in the suitcase, and usually a few bottles of beer as well. They have always made it to the room. I have taken Coke and water back on the ship after stops as well without any issue.

We also had a couple at our table that brought be back beer after a stop without problems. (I let him use my phone to call back to the US). The key is to socialize with the security team at the check point. We were even waived around the x-ray machine one time. I have been told that they are more concerned about wine, and I have seen that while boarding as well.

We do buy the X1 package and drinks on board, but it does not assist us when we are just sitting around the room and veranda. Once the room stewards see the Baily's they bring lots of ice.

Enjoy your cruise.

Rob

Archived