Just off the dawn!!! Any questions?

GSLMOM

Has anybody done this one?????? Does the Dawn show her age????? Are the beds confortable???? I have been on the Sky but the beds sucked....Kinda like sleeping on rocks...my old bones can't do that anymore:D

Any feedback would be amazing...

Thanks very much

Crazyone:cool::cool:

did you travel with children?

stupid question but is there any ping pong tables, mini golf or pool tables on the ship? i'm thinking of ideas of things to do with the children on sea days.

thanks!

Has anybody done this one?????? Does the Dawn show her age????? Are the beds confortable???? I have been on the Sky but the beds sucked....Kinda like sleeping on rocks...my old bones can't do that anymore:D

Thanks very much

Some of the best nights sleep I've ever had were on the Dawn. Very comfy beds! Definitely better than the Sky. Yes, she is showing her age a bit.... IF you look for it. The varnish on the balcony railings of the cabins has all but come completely off (watch for splinters). But, she's going into dry-dock next year. She'll be looking brand new in no-time!

did you travel with children?

stupid question but is there any ping pong tables, mini golf or pool tables on the ship? i'm thinking of ideas of things to do with the children on sea days.

thanks!

No question on CC is stupid :) Ping Pong table, yes. Mini golf and pool table, no. Shuffleboard, Basketball court, game rooms (video on deck 13 aft, board game room on deck 12 near the pool), movie theater, and of course the big pool and Kids pool (depending on your kids' ages). Awesome ship!

We had a great trip on the Dawn. Great food, great service, great friends... any questions???

We are leaving in 7 days for the Dawn - cannot wait!!

Does anyone have copies of the dailies or menus?

What kind of bar specials/prices do they offer?

What kind of spa specials/packages/prices are there?

Any info about the kids club? (we have a 7 and 9 year old)

Thanks for any info!!!!

who replaced Pattie and Jose?
We were on the Dawn in May. They said they were filling in on the POA from the middle of June and would be returning to the Dawn mid September. They are the best.

We were on the Dawn in May. They said they were filling in on the POA from the middle of June and would be returning to the Dawn mid September. They are the best.

Happy to hear they will be back on the Dawn in September.

My family was on the Dawn May 2008, there were few childern on the trip and the dress was resort casual. We just came off the Jewel July 3d, there were 840 kids on board and the dress was casual, pretty much all the time, even in the resturants at night. I do think things get less formal with that many kids around.

Thanks very much

Yes ! And it is FANTASTIC !!! GREAT ports of call and a nice number of sea days !

The worst part was sailing out of Miami. Not a fan of Miami.

Was pianist Vladimir Krevian on board the Dawn. He usually performs in the atrium, Star bar or Venetian restaurant. If on board, any idea how long he will be on the Dawn?

Yes, he was on board. We sat him in the Star Bar and at Gatsby's.

We are leaving in 7 days for the Dawn - cannot wait!!

Does anyone have copies of the dailies or menus?

What kind of bar specials/prices do they offer?

What kind of spa specials/packages/prices are there?

Any info about the kids club? (we have a 7 and 9 year old)

Thanks for any info!!!!

The best drink special was in the Star Bar between 8:30 - 10:30pm was 2 for 1 martinis!

The spa had all different specials all week long.

We had teens so don't know about the younger kids, sorry!

Not sure what you want to know about the Kids Club, but we used it everyday for our 5 year old. Your 6 and 9 should be in the same group (2-5, 6-9, etc.). The club is open from 9am-10:30pm on sea days with no fee. On port days it opens from 8pm-10:30pm with no fees. While in port and from 10:30pm-1:30am everyday you can leave the kids there for $6/hr. I think there was some 'discount' for more than one kid (maybe $10 instead of 12?). The first day pick up the schedule so you can scan it for things you know your children would like to do. For example, my daughter loves when they paint faces and parade around the ship. So we made sure she was there for those two times. They do have Freestyle Free Play time periods where kids of all ages are together. You do not get a beeper, but instead write down where you will be on the ship. Any other questions, let me know.

Great thread! We're booked on the Dawn this November for the 9 day Southern Caribbean. First time on NCL - love all the info in this thread!! Please keep posting :)

GSLMOM - how did your teens like the cruise??

Great thread! We're booked on the Dawn this November for the 9 day Southern Caribbean. First time on NCL - love all the info in this thread!! Please keep posting :)

GSLMOM - how did your teens like the cruise??

They LOVED it and are trying to get me to take them on the EPIC next year. I can't begin to tell you how depressed they were the week after we got off that ship!

Hi GSLMOM,

I will be going to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit next May. How were the ships docked in Bemuda? Were they Aft to Aft, or Bow to Bow?

Thanks for all the information :)

Bow to Bow

Archived