Just off the dawn!!! Any questions?

GSLMOM

Hi GSLMOM,

I will be going to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit next May. How were the ships docked in Bemuda? Were they Aft to Aft, or Bow to Bow?

Thanks for all the information :)

When we were there in June, they were stern to stern, Dawn docked port-side, the Summit docked starboard side.

Am I understanding that John, the Australian Cruise Director is returning to the Dawn? When we were on the Dawn in June, we were told he was out due to a back injury. We were really surprised as he is in really great shape, but I guess things happen.;);)

Hello

I am going on the Dawn in August and I was wondering about the arcades for the kids. Is it regular prices like 25c/50c each game or do you get a card for an amount of play?

My kids can run through money in these places so I need to plan accordingly :)

Thank you for any information

Was on the Dawn in June. We docked behind Celebrity. Both Celebrity and Dawn docked Starboard side. From what I understand the ship doesn't always dock on the same side. Only disappointment was the large crane outside our balcony. Seems like they are building a new pier to take in a third ship. From the looks of it, it may block the pretty views you currently have and give you a view of another ship. I guess we'll see by next summer.

We just returned from Dawn 7/11-7/18 so I'll add a few comments.

how did your teens like the cruise??

Our 14-year-old daughter loved it. She spent a lot of time with the teen club doing all kinds of activities. She made friends with a lot of other teens. Great for her. Great for us.

I will be going to Bermuda on Celebrity Summit next May. How were the ships docked in Bemuda? Were they Aft to Aft, or Bow to Bow?

Last week, they were aft to aft with Dawn docked starboard and Summit docked port side.

Are they still showing Bollywood on the Dawn or have they finally retired it?

Bollywood is still on Dawn.

Oh no, I just had a thought -- when you say aft to aft -- does that mean if I have a room at the back of the ship (stern facing the wake) that while in Bermuda we might be sitting on our balcony looking at another ship?

Yes. If you were on Dawn or Summit last week, you would have been facing the other ship.

Hello

I am going on the Dawn in August and I was wondering about the arcades for the kids. Is it regular prices like 25c/50c each game or do you get a card for an amount of play?

My kids can run through money in these places so I need to plan accordingly :)

Thank you for any information

DS spent some time in the arcade last month. The machines do not take coins. Key card only. We put some cash on his card. Each game was anywhere from $1.00 to $2.50+ Not cheap. And, he ripped through his money pretty quickly.

DS spent some time in the arcade last month. The machines do not take coins. Key card only. We put some cash on his card. Each game was anywhere from $1.00 to $2.50+ Not cheap. And, he ripped through his money pretty quickly.

Thank you. I am going to do everything possible to avoid the arcades but at least now I know how much it costs if I get suckered into going there.

Thanks for all the great information. I am a first time cruiser so I am so nervous about everything and don't want to not know something important ahead of time as I am a little on the planning crazy side.

Thanks again

M

Yes. If you were on Dawn or Summit last week, you would have been facing the other ship.

But not this week as the Dawn docked with the starboard side facing Heritage Wharf...and the Caribbean Princess (the only other ship at Dockyard this week...and only there for one day) also docked starboard to Kings Wharf.

Does anyone know if there is access to free WIFI in Bermuda. I am bringing my IPod Touch with me.

Thanks bobsan

We found a few places with free WiFi. Some of the restaurants had it. It wasn't necessarily advertised or posted. I just checked whenever we stopped somewhere. The place where we had lunch in St. Georges had it. I think the place where we had dinner in Hamilton had it, too. And a couple of others along the way.

We found a few places with free WiFi. Some of the restaurants had it. It wasn't necessarily advertised or posted. I just checked whenever we stopped somewhere. The place where we had lunch in St. Georges had it. I think the place where we had dinner in Hamilton had it, too. And a couple of others along the way.

Thanks for the info.

bobsan :)

The best drink special was in the Star Bar between 8:30 - 10:30pm was 2 for 1 martinis!

The spa had all different specials all week long.

We had teens so don't know about the younger kids, sorry!

Hi all: such good information for the Dawn! Can't wait to sail 8/29. Does anyone know if there was a Lattitude's Party or something like that? When would they usually do it if they have one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all: such good information for the Dawn! Can't wait to sail 8/29. Does anyone know if there was a Lattitude's Party or something like that? When would they usually do it if they have one?

Thanks in advance.

There was a Latitudes party but I don't remember exactly when because I didn't go. The invitation was in our cabin when we arrived, along with the other paperwork the steward leaves on the bed for you. I think it was during the first full day at sea, late pm. Sorry I can't be more specific.

There was a Latitudes party but I don't remember exactly when because I didn't go. The invitation was in our cabin when we arrived, along with the other paperwork the steward leaves on the bed for you. I think it was during the first full day at sea, late pm. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Thanks, Sandyshore! Not sure if we'll go, depending on our very "busy" schedule that evening! LOLOL :-)

You have been more that helpful and courteous. You are one of the reasons I check out CC ~

stay safe.

Thanks, Sandyshore! Not sure if we'll go, depending on our very "busy" schedule that evening! LOLOL :-)

You have been more that helpful and courteous. You are one of the reasons I check out CC ~

stay safe.

I'm just paying it back (and forward) for all the great info I've learned on CC over the past 7+ years. How did we ever cruise w/o it??

We just took our chances, looked forward to a great cruise and usually had it. Learned a little from each one. Less clothes, for sure, especially since we started w/ NCL.... We do dress up for Formal on RCCI however. That we still enjoy, believe it or not. As far as NCL, we dress nicely on the ''dress up or not nights'', also. DH wears sports coat, shirt/tie. No gown or palazzo, just nice dressier pants and pretty top!

We still enjoying looking nice in the DR for dinner or speciality restaurants and to us its no big down. Still need to shower and change clothes for dinner...Might as well look and feel good! It works for us!

Stay safe and if you think of anything else interesting or meaningful, feel free to share with us.

And if so, how many coupons for how much money, and covering which drinks?

Yes, would also like to know about "virgin drink books"...sometimes I don't want the alcohol, just a nice cool, frosty, tasty drink.

Anyone, please feel free to answer. Leaving 8/29 - Dawn.

Stay safe!

Archived